Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 4 October 2011

How varied is your diet?

4th October 2011

The optimist says we live in the best of all possible worlds and the pessimist fears this is true    Source Unknown

According to a magazine I read this weekend the new nutrition goal is 120 different foods in a week. Yes, 120! Yep apparently according to nutritionalist Vicki Edgson, we should all eat between 70 and 120 different types of food per week for our long-term health and energy, when many of us only manage to eat about 40. Interesting read it made as the writer attempted to do eat 120 different types, she managed 116 but found it quite difficult although she did feel better for it. Well I like a challenge so I'm curious to see how many foods I eat in a week then I'll see if I can improve it.
 
Yesterday I ate;

Spaghetti in tomato sauce
Wholemeal bread
Skimmed milk
Banana
Best of both bread
Pastrami
Red pepper
Mustard
Light mayonnaise
Beef casserole made from;Beef
Stock – not sure if it counts because it’s fluid but I’m keeping it in.
potato
carrot
swede
tomato puree
ale – I’d like to think it’s a food source :D
gluton free flour
butter
sugar
black treacle

20 different food types, this most definitely wouldn't be am easy challenge would it! We shall see how the days unfold, because I’m most likely to use a lot of those foods again this week.  How do you think you’d do, how varied is your diet?  That’s the important thing, having lots of variety, I know counting all the different food would certainly get tiresome but trying to get a lot of different meals and variety in your diet would only make for a more interesting weight loss plan.  I get very bored of eating the same thing very quickly.

The scales weren’t kind to me yesterday, I’d gained a pound but I’m not worried I’d had that huge lunch and pudding on the Sunday and I’d ate a bit of junk on the night, then one of the many joys of being a woman arrived yesterday morning so I’m sure that pound plus extra will be gone soon enough, plus I feel fabulous so I really don’t care.  I’m enjoying having all this extra energy, I’m thrilled that cycling 26 miles didn’t hurt anything more than my bum, I even managed to go running yesterday.  I got a little excited when the app on my phone told me I’d done 5k in under 24 minutes but then when I looked to check the route I think it wasn’t 5k I think the gps went a bit wonky, so I can only describe the feeling as what it would feel like to win gold then have someone take it off you and give you a bronze!  I’m over it now though and am just pleased with the fact I ran in midday sun for 25 miles and enjoyed it, it’s not about the time, it’s about doing it and enjoying it.

Great meetings yesterday, 2 members got their 50lb certificates,well done Catherine & Rebecca – awesome achievements and Caroline achieved her goal becoming number 101 in Bev’s 2011 exclusive Gold Members Club :D  It’s fabulous when a member gets their goal, no feeling like it.

So I’ve developed yet a new habit and it’s one I like, in the morning when I go down and put the kettle on, I spend those few minutes looking in the cupboard for meal ideas for the day whilst I’m waiting for the kettle to boil.  This morning I’ve found a jar of Weight Watchers Jam so toast I think and also tuna and pasta so I’m thinking a bake mmm, I’ve also bought the veggies to make a stir fry but I need to take the beef out of the freezer – DOH, I forgot.

Ended yesterday on 27pp, wow that’s the first time I haven’t gone over in a while, it looked like this;

ProPoints™ Tracker entries Monday, October 03, 2011

Breakfast
spaghetti on wholemeal toast
6
Subtotal
6
Lunch
beef casserole and slice bread
10
Subtotal
10
Dinner
pastrami sandwich
10
1 sliced red pepper
0
Subtotal
10
Any Time
1 serving(s) Milk, Skimmed for tea
1
Subtotal
1
Food ProPoints values total used
27
Food ProPoints values remaining
2
Activity
pedometer - Activity I created
12
30 min Running
5
Activity ProPoints values earned
17


Enjoy your day, I’ve just looked and the weather forecast says 10% chance of rain today and temperatures of up to 18 degrees, then the next two days windy and cloudy, then rain by Sunday, no snow mentioned like folk were tell me yesterday – I do not want any snow thank you very much, I’m all for going with the flow but I’m not a lover of the white stuff.
 
Well I’m off to find a Tuna Pasta bake recipe, enjoy your day. xx

No comments: