Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 28 July 2011

Sort it out!

28th July 2011

If life hands you lemons, you could become bitter, too - or you could make lemonade - but frankly, I'd rather just throw them out and get something I really want instead. - Loretta LaRoche

I love the quote above, I came across it yesterday, I’ve hard the first part before but I’ve never heard the second bit and that’s the bit I like.  I know these days throwing things away is not an easy choice to make, especially with finances being a priority for most, but sometimes you have to remember where the wastebin is and it isn’t your WAIST!  Try not to eat because it’ll go off if you don’t or any other similar reason, if I cook something I’m not keen on, I don’t make myself eat it, I freeze it and give it away.

Of course there is the nice kind of throwing away, usually old clothes that are now to big for you as one member text me to share that info with me on Monday, she was delighted she was getting rid of her old stuff.  And then there’s the lovely Serena who’s birthday it is tomorrow, she’ll be 76, her husband treated her to some new clothes this week as a present and she told us all that she’s gone from a size 26 to an 18 after losing 2 stone so far this year, such a lovely lady but does give herself a hard time when she doesn’t lose, so it looks like we don’t learn as we grow up ;D

This week I decided to manage my environment, we all have our trigger foods, the snacks and sweets that can make us forget all about our weight loss goals, by enticing us to indulge in them.  It helps with your success to do what you can to minimise your exposure to such trigger, managing your environment to that you’re not always around foods that tempt you.

It’ll help you immensely if you organise, remove the junk food from your kitchen, and replace it with filling and healthy food that you know will satisfy you and keep you on track, it’ll mean you’ll be in a better position to make those smart choices.  I’m smiling right now because I can hear a few of you saying, “I have to have it in the house for the kids!” NO YOU DON’T, by weaning them off it now you’re saving them a weight problem in the future.  I’m not saying never give them treats but make them ‘TREATS’ not everyday snacks, introduce them to the fruit bowl.

By sorting your own surrounding, you can also have a good start when you come into situations where you have no control over the foods that are around you.  Sometimes managing your own environment, means managing the way you respond to your environment.

So is this a habit you need to work on?  Do you struggle to throw away leftovers?  Do you tend to overeat when you’re with certain people?  Do you overeat when there’s too much tempting food around you?  If certain foods are around, can you not help but eat them?  Do you keep extra food in the house in case you get visitors?

I haven’t bought bread this week because I know it’s my weakness, if there’s bread in the house I’ll opt for it as my meal because it’s quick.  I’ve also filled my fridge with good choices, fruit, veggies and all the good foods that are going to help me lose at least a pound.  My house is still filled with red wine but I seem to be resisting that okay for now, however I might move it out of sight I think today so I don’t get tempted tonight.

Is there some re-organising you could do in the kitchen to make it easier for you to stay on plan?  Why not do that this weekend, it’ll give you something to do and help you with the weight loss mission.
Have a lovely day; it’s looking good out there again, so I’m off with Alfie for an hour.

No comments: