Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 3 July 2011

doing a public service...

3rd July 2011

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection. Buddha

Mmm today’s annoying little tune to get in your head is….

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Love it, google it and listen to it and if it doesn’t make you smile then go back to bed ;D

Well I’ve started my day off with a really long walk twice round the park and once round the drive, we were out over 90 minutes and did our bit of community service too, removing posters off lampposts.  Its fly posting you know and that’s illegal, plus removing them is a public service, we don’t want anyone going over to the dark side now do we?!

Had a lovely day yesterday, I’ve started reading a very funny book, “How to be a woman” by Caitlin Moran, it wasn’t until I started reading the book that I found out the author lived in 3 bedroomed council house in Wolverhampton as a child and the book is set there.  It’s very funny and does bring have you nodding your head and laughing out loud in places.  Definitely a pool side read if you need one for your holidays.

One line she writes in the book is, “The problem with battling yourself is that even if you win, you lose!”   How true is that, in whatever context you use it.  If you’re struggling to stay focused whilst your losing weight, beating yourself up and giving yourself a hard time isn’t going to help, giving yourself a break and loving yourself regardless might.  Your more likely to get back on track and stay on the plan if you feel good about yourself, if you feel rotten and despise yourself, your more likely to end up with your head in a Kentucky Bucket or a box of chocolate stuffing your sorrows down with chocolate and chicken.

Are happier people healthier?  Are healthier people happier?  The relationship between health and well-being is well established.   They say happiness is an inside job, but there are lots of things you can do to improve your health, eating well being one of them.  Weight loss does make you feel great I know, but it’s really only a side effect of eating well and getting healthy.

So instead of thinking what can I do today to help me lose weight, think what can I do today to improve my health and make me feel better resulting in my happiness ;D

Today I’ve started my day with a sausage sandwich which has improved my emotional health enormously as I’ve been fancying one all week!  For my mental and physical health I’ve been on a long walk and I also plan to eat well for the rest of the day and drink plenty of water.

What you gonna do?

xx


No comments: