Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 24 July 2011

Life is Beautiful

24th July 2011

What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other? George Eliot

What a day, what a day, I was shattered when we got home from London yesterday but had a very interesting day.  We started with breakfast and I opted for eggs benedict which was delicious and 15pp maximum, then we went to see the Tracey Emin exhibition “Love is what you want” which didn’t do it for me, not my cup of tea at all.  After there we moved onto the Tate Museum of Modern Art and well all I can say is, “you can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time!”  Some of the work was great but some, well we weren’t sure if we were in B&Q or Ikea at one point and it’s quite amusing watching people because they seem to think they have to like and appreciate it because it’s in a gallery, well I’m sorry, Alfie could create better than some of that stuff and the art I have on my walls in my house are much more my preference.  Having said that the good stuff was really good, there was an amazing Monet, and I didn’t like it just because it was a Monet, because when I walked in the room and went ‘WOW’ I didn’t know it was.

Next we tried to find somewhere nice for lunch, mmm that wasn’t happening, we were too late for the 12-3 lunch sittings in the nicer places and all that’s left are endless chains of tasteless tosh, so we ended up in on of those, Pizza Express, not my favourite, I’d go for Pizza Hut any day of the week, but not when I’m trying to lose weight!  I opted for the Leggera which is the pizza with the middle cut out and filled with salad (which actually was just a pile of rocket leaves), 14-16pp of boring dry floury pizza base and a bit of topping, not impressed washed down with a diet coke – a mere bargain (NOT) at £12.50!

We walked that off almost immediately after by climbing up 578 steps to the top of St Pauls Cathedral for a look at the view, amazing, although a shame that it’s such a rushed viewing.  We really did walk some miles, 12.5 in total, early 11 ProPoints on the pedometer – nice.
Finding food when you’re trying to stick to the plan in somewhere like London is not easy, we went for a coffee at the station, Belinda sat eating a cup cake and a caramel shortcake and Sarah had a super thick hot chocolate, I finally caved and had a large hot chocolate withOUT the whipped cream topping, I bet that cost me 10pp going on the eating out guide.  I did buy strawberries from Sainsbury’s for on the train home, so the final damage wasn’t too bad.  But no, it’s not easy to stay on plan when having a day trip to London, not unless you preplan it, which I intend to do with all the other day trips we have planned this summer.  I don’t mind going over my allowance if it’s worth it, but a Leggera pizza from the worst pizza chain on the planet for 16pp isn’t worth it, not when I think about what I could have had.

Comment of the day yesterday though went to Belinda for;
Bev “Have you noticed how foreign people always sound loud?”
Belinda "yes I think it's their voices"
mmm really B ;-)
or her other one; “What do u think they do with the middles out of doughnuts?”

Great day and I was home and in bed for ten o’clock and I slept like a log till 6ish when Alfie insisted on his walk.

Today I’m mostly sitting around doing not a lot, I’ve managed an hour walk with Alfie and I’ll cook later but other than that it’s a hot bath and a good movie or two. 

Whatever you’re doing – enjoy. xx


No comments: