Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Had a sod it shop!

26th July 2011

Patience is the companion of wisdom. St. Augustine

Well I had a half pound gain yesterday at my official weigh in, which I can live with after my weekend.  Had I waited till the evening to get weighed I would have lost a pound compared to last week as I was a pound lighter when I tested the scales at my meeting, but I didn’t and as I tried to explain to a member last night who wanted to be weighed on both set of scales, we’re only allowed to be weighed once a week, so I have to practice what I preach and go with the first result.   Can’t say I’m surprised by that result, I didn’t have the best Sunday, then there was the trip to London where I did try and do my best.  Onwards and upwards (or downwards on the scales) had a fab day yesterday, spent some time doing some meal planning and had me a shopping trip to my favourite Sainsbury’s store even though I couldn't afford it really, because I need to cook and enjoy my shop – it’s part of who I am, I don’t mind having a cheap tv and stereo, I enjoy buying bargain clothes and I can live without the porch I thought about having built but I like to buy food and I like to do it in Sainsbury’s, before you start, no there’s nothing wrong with the food in Aldi or Lidl I know, I just enjoy the experience of walking round Sainsbury’s and trying the things I fancy, and in fairness I do tend to buy offers so my bill doesn’t work out much more expensive than shopping in the cheaper stores.  I did indulge in another orchid plant though, it was reduced too ;D I’ve decided they’re a better buy than bunches of flowers because they last a lot longer, the first one I’ve had for over a month now and it takes minimal looking after.


For my tea last night I made tuna melts they were delicious, I used the last two slices of bread and won’t be buying any this week as it’s my cop out weakness, I choose it for quickness and it doesn’t really fill me up so I want something else after which messes up my weight loss.  In the melt I put, a whole tin of tuna, tablespoon of sweetcorn, sliced grilled pepper (from a jar) 30g phili light, 30g light mayo and 30g cheese, absolutely tasty as anything and with a few salad leaves, well worth 14pp unlike my lunch of smoked salmon (half price counter) wraps (8pp) which tasted nice but didn’t look so good as I hadn’t been shopping for salad.

Today I’m making bacon and cheese lasagne using a gammon joint I bought last week, which again was off the reduced counter (I love a bargain) and I’ve bought some fish for tomorrow for a rarebit, it should have been haddock but they had some other white fish reduced, can’t remember the name but I’ll let you know what it’s like.  I’m also going to make another lasagne using butternut squash, a recipe I found that I shall be tweaking and removing the pot of double cream!  I love to get creative in the kitchen, not a big fan of eating the same meals and cooking the same recipe, so if I do remake something it was really, really good the first time!  I’m putting together a new Bev’s Bites which will be to raise money for charity and it’s a ‘cheap eats’ version, it’s almost complete, takes a while because I like to have cooked the recipes first.

Last night on my way home from my meeting I received a text from a member that upset and stressed me out. Normally I would have reacted by having a drink or eating when I got home but instead I grabbed Alfies lead and took him out for a walk instead. I'm so glad I did because whilst walking I received another text from a different member which cheered me up immensely. We have to remind ourselves that we are not perfect, everyone makes mistakes or as on this occasion unintentionally upsets someone and no one can keep everyone happy all the time as much as I wished I could. The only thing you can do is apologise which I have, so I hope it's accepted.

Can't wait to get back from my meeting today and get cooking, I'm also looking forward to Friday because I'm (yes me) am having children in my house and we are going to make pizza and cakes. That'll be fun ;)

Alfie was really in the mood to walk this morning, could have kept going to be honest, however I’ve got to go to work and now have less time to get ready, but it was worth the rush I’m now going to have. 

So whatever your plans today at work or not, enjoy it and stay focused. Xx

No comments: