Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Reality Rocks xx

13th July 2011

Be Yourself - It’s the simplest advice, isn’t it? We were born with the ability to do it. Be ourselves; think, behave and interact with others from our true nature. Sounds easy enough. So why do so many struggle with it.

We all make mistakes don’t we, and I’d say most of us have tried losing weight in the past at some time.  What I’ve noticed is that successful members use their past experiences – good and bad ones – to help them succeed with their present efforts.   It’s important to see them as lessons that have taught us what to do and what not to do this time around.

By learning from past, you become empowered to make better decisions in the present.  You can repeat the old behaviours that worked, and watch out for the ones that didn’t.  And when you’re aware that every experience is a valuable one, you’ll be able to put each one into context, learn from those little lapses, and they can stop there instead of taking you completely off track.

There’s not such thing as failure – only feedback.  These past experiences provide you with valuation information.  This was definitely something that helped me with my weight loss this time round, I had particularly high expectations of myself so if I had one bad week, I’d feel like I’d failed, now I see it as human nature and part of my personality, part of who I am.  And because I know have that attitude, next month will be my 8th year at goal, don’t get me wrong the scales have fluctuated in those years but they’ve never spiralled out of control like previously.

So if you have a week where you really expected to do well and you don’t get the results you wanted, don’t be disappointed – be determined.  You know if you’ve put in the work then the results will follow, they may take a little longer than you’d like but that’s life, everything comes to those that wait. 

It’s very unusual to lose weight EVERY week, we have bodies not machines, they don’t work the way we’d like all the time.  And being strict with yourself, giving yourself a hard time if you slip up a little won’t help either, remind yourself it makes you human.

Remember it’s not a race, I’ve given up in the past when I didn’t get the results I wanted as quick as I’d expected, but now I realise it’s not a race, it’s my life!  I need to take care of myself forever not just in time for a holiday or a big night out.  I want to look healthy and well all the time, not just in a bikini. 

Don’t lose out on all the progress you’ve made because of a slip up, keep going because you’re worth all that effort.

Instead of striving for perfection – let’s opt for reality instead, it’s a much more enjoyable journey.  Use your meeting as a chance to talk to others, ask them how they survive nights out, how they maintain, anything that will help you. 

Last night Caroline received her 100lb certificate, Chantine got her gold award having lost over 5 stone and looking amazing might I add, plus I handed out at least 6 10% keyrings too, so we all know the plan works and it seems to make people smile because I saw lots of big grins yesterday on those receiving the awards and those nodding knowing they’ll be next.

Enjoy your day in the real world xx








No comments: