Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 29 May 2011

Spick and Span!

29th May 2011


Elbow grease is the best polish. English Proverb

How appropriate is that proverb, it was the first quote I came across this morning when I turned my pc on, very apt as I had a super day of cleaning yesterday, started at 8am and finished at 4pm stopped only to drive to Cannock with some bags of clothes and long enough to cook and eat a WW wrap and pizza for mom. I earned 11pp (29,000 steps) doing housework and I’ve only done upstairs so far, (didn’t do my office, that’s another world altogether which will need an entire day of its own). Bank holiday Monday will be the downstairs turn. I’ve really had a major sort out, throwing stuff away and washing down woodwork which of course is making me now think, ooo could do with decorating ;D but that will have to wait until I’ve saved up some money.

One good thing about keeping so busy all day was food wasn’t an issue at all, I did however celebrate a clean bathroom when I’d finished with a glass of fizz whilst taking a soak with a good book, more than earned in my opinion.

I’m out for lunch today, and I do think I’m going to go for the carvery or gammon and chips we’ll see where my mate fancies going, I’ll taking my eating out guide with me and do my best I still have 34pp of activity banked so I should be okay, and of course I can add any on that I manage to do today.

I seriously feel like I’ve done a workout, so if you think you don’t do any exercise but you do housework regularly (obviously it wouldn’t be to the intensity I did yesterday – or maybe it is!) then you are still active, all that dusting, cleaning windows, bending and stretching, it all helps to keep you active.

I’m generally a messy person so it was wonderful to know exactly where I’d left my clothes last night when I went to bed and not be walking round the house searching for where I threw them! Let’s see how long I can keep it up.

Change of any kind is hard as we all know because we attempt it as we’re losing weight, nothing worth having comes easy. But I do believe a leopard can change its spots but only if it truly wants to, a superficial and fickle approach to change will only be short term. It takes effort and whether you think you can or think you can’t – you’re usually right. So remember NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP! Because you’re worth the effort.

I treated myself this week to Jessie J’s album and on it she sings a song called, “Stand Up” the lyrics are excellent and I’m gonna share them with you;

If you surround yourself with negative people
You'll never feel settled in or become equal - no.
They'll suppress you of your spirit and rinse you dry of smiles.
So reach deep and release your inner child. Yeah Yeah!

So Stand Up! For the Love, Love, Love
So Stand Up! For the Love, Love, Love
So Stand Up! For the Love, Love, Love
So Stand Up! For the Love, Love
Cuz' you're as old as you feel you are
And if you don't reach for the moon you can't fall on the stars
So I live my life like every day is the last, last, last
Stand up
(Repeat)
If you let a frown become your normality
You don't set an example for the youth of our humanity
If you spend everyday wishing for the next to come
Aged and lifeless is what (Yes!) you'll become. Yeah Yeah!

So Stand Up! For the Love, Love, Love
So Stand Up! For the Love, Love, Love
So Stand Up! For the Love, Love, Love
So Stand Up! For the Love, Love
Cuz' you're as old as you feel you are
And if you don't reach for the moon you can't fall on the stars
So I live my life like every day is the last, last, last

How true is all that! Well me and Alfie have already been out for our walk, bless him, he’s a tired boy this morning, lying down on the grass for a rest. I’m gonna have a couple of hours tidying before I get ready for my lunch. So I’ll catch ya tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday, day of rest apparently!

xx

No comments: