Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 27 May 2011

More scrummy food

27th May 2011


Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment.

Friday morning – YAY, welcome to the weekend, I have lots of busy plans this weekend to spring clean my house from top to bottom, won’t start till tomorrow though as today is full of other things like paperwork, walking and a massage to finish before a night of rest ready for the big event ;D

Another good day yesterday dietwise and every other way actually as I have the best job in the world, Thursday is my busiest day of the week and of course my last working day so when I get home at 8pm, I’m ravenous and mentally shattered, which is a combination that makes me want to eat a lot. Last night I resisted, I even anticipated that it would happen and took 30 minutes on the afternoon to cook corned beef hash, which meant there was a portion left for my tea when I got in, leaving me no excuse. I also went to bed instead of sitting there ‘wanting to eat’ and I slept.

Having a list of meals planned is really helping me because it means I have those choices, although the hash wasn’t one the plan, it didn’t matter because I still have the others for back up, and hash will be on the next meal plan, here’s the recipe I put together yesterday, slightly amended the original.

Corned beef hash (9pp) serves 4,

Takes 10m to make, 25m to cook.
WW Spray oil
1 large red onion, sliced
6pp any margarine such as flora
120g tin sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
400g waxy potatoes cut into 2cm chunks
2 tsp dried thyme or 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh
300g tin Asda corned beef, cut into chunks

Parboil potatoes for about 6-8 minutes. At the same time, add WW spray oil to a large frying pan and gently fry the onion over a low heat for 6 minutes to soften add a bit of water if necessary. Remove to a bowl and set aside.

Add margarine to the pan, increase the heat to medium-high and fry the potatoes for 10 minutes until beginning to crisp and turn golden. Stir in the thyme, fry for another minute or so, then add the corned beef & continue frying the stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until starting to crisp. Stir in the sweetcorn and return the cooked onion to the pan. Cook for a couple more minutes to warm through. Serve with vegetables.

Yesterday I was asked if I wanted a 12 week old male shih tzu, how tempted was I! Then reality kicked in and I declined, Alfie would love a playmate but I couldn’t handle it I don’t think and I’m sure mom couldn’t.

I have one Warbuton Square wrap left which is on its best before date so I’m going to use that in my savoury bread pudding recipe today, it’ll also use the eggs up, I reckon that’ll be really nice and it’s quick to do. And then I’m thinking oven fish and chips for tea mmm.

Just got back from walking Alfie, it’s chilly out there and the wind is still fierce, I hope it brightens up so everyone can enjoy the bank holiday this weekend, I might be scrubbing floors but hopefully everyone else is doing something more fun.

So I better get my paperwork done, here’s to a fabulous Friday. xx

No comments: