Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 10 May 2011

10th May 2011

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important. Janet Lane

Yesterday I decided I’m going to lose 8lb in 8 weeks, and when I posted it on Facebook, lots of you agreed to join me which I just love. I treated myself to a new ‘Weight Watchers track journal” because although I do use the esource to track I like to have it in black and white in front of me so I can use it for ideas and to see exactly what I’ve had without having to be logged on, I can also let others see it too.

I had an amazing lunch, sea bass fillet with a caramelised ginger and lime butter, mashed potatoes and vegetables, for 12pp it was delicious and meant I only needed a light tea.

So do I believe I can do it, hell yes! I never start anything I don’t believe I can succeed it, that doesn’t mean I always do succeed but it means I give myself the best fighting chance.

Optimism is so important, having an optimistic approach always works wonders, in the short term it might mean simply changing a negative attitude to a more positive one but in the long term optimism builds the inner strength and resilience that keeps you hopeful and upbeat in the face of life’s challenges.

Optimism means taking the attitude that things will improve if you just put some effect in. apparently this attitude to life is widely regarded by psychologists as one of the most beneficial personality characteristics, hundreds of studies have demonstrated that optimists are not only higher achievers, both at work and on the playing field, but they also enjoy better physical health, faster recovery from illness, and suffer less anxiety and depression.

Now that sounds like enough reasons to start learning the optimistic habit if you haven’t already!

I’ve spent the last few months not really knowing what would happen with my job because Weight Watchers were having to make changes to how we worked for them, but I didn’t worry about it, I believe everything happens for a reasons, and I had no need to worry because as of July 3rd I will no longer be self employed, I’ll be a fully fledged Weight Watcher employee ;D

So lets get you ready for success now, sometimes an immediate change in attitude is all it takes to turn a negative pessimistic feeling into a positive and optimistic one.



Next time you find yourself visualising the worst possible outcome become aware of what you are doing. Awareness is always the first step to change. So once you realised that you are going down a gloomy path, just stop it; refuse to go there. You know the kind of thing, “I’ve eaten a cake so I’ve stuffed up my diet, I’m hopeless, I never still to anything”. Blah Blah Blah!

Instead imagine the very best scenario and visualise that instead. See it happening and make it as real as possible. So you could think, “I’ve eaten a cake but for the rest of the week I’m going to eat healthy and move a little more then when I get on the scales next week I’ll be a lose on them.” Visualise you standing on the scales and the digits being lower.

Now notice the difference between how you feel with the two different attitudes. Yes your optimistic view will make you feel so much better, but also remember that successful thoughts attract success. So the optimistic path really is the only viable way to go!

Have a truly optimistic day ;D xx

No comments: