Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 15 May 2011

15th May 2011

You don’t have the power to make life “fair,” but you do have the power to make life joyful. Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Here’s a Sunday morning smile for you, well it worked on me ;D

A man was walking his dog through the graveyard when he saw another man crouching behind a gravestone."Morning!" he said. The other man replies, "No, just having a poo."

So I had a brilliant day yesterday, I had my lovely walk, nipped to shops, baked bread then the door fell off my oven, which made me laugh but at least the bread was cooked and I didn’t’ get burnt on the very hot door, plus it’s insured so I’ll ring them Monday to get it fixed. Next I had an email from the National Lottery to say “We have some news about the ticket that you bought for the Friday 13 May draw.” Excitedly, I logged onto my account to find out I’d won, not a fiver, not a tenner even, oh no, I’d won a staggering £2.60, yes there is a decimal point there, it isn’t £260 no it’s £2.60, made me small and confirmed that the universe is playing with me this week, it’s teasing me because it knows I’m trying to save a little money in preparation for my 6wk skint stint. Anywho my bread was delicious, the recipe is in the new Simply Enjoy cookbook, there’s some delicious recipes in there and lots of them can be done in 20 minutes which is a bonus.

Just got back from today’s walk and admit I’m a bit shattered, yesterdays mammoth trek too it out of me, I’ve just laughed though as I realised I have a new obsession, Alfies walked me round the estate and I’ve become a bit of a porch perve, I keep looking at them all trying to decide which one I would have if I had a porch. Well as I’m looking you’ll never guess who I saw – ELVIS! Yes Elvis is alive and in a porch on Ashmore Park, well he’s not alive but there is a life size cardboard cut-out of him in one of the porches ;D

So today’s the last day of the first week on my 8wk, 8lb challenge and I’ve still got 5pp of my weekly allowance left and the 44pp I’ve earned on my pedometer, so I’m pretty pleased with myself this week. I’m feeling really positive and hope to lose my first 1lb tomorrow but even if I don’t I know I’ve stuck to the plan and I feel better, so the weight loss will come.

Diets DO work!

I've read so much over the years about diets, how to successfully lose weight forever, how diets don't work blah blah blah. To the point where I have almost convinced myself that diets don't work because that would be easier to believe than that they do and it’s me that doesn’t work!

After reading so much and analysing all the information, thinking about it all and bashing it out in my own mind over the years, I'm finally convinced YES they DO WORK. I love that members have now started saying, “I’m not on a diet, it’s a lifestyle change”, because that’s exactly what you need to do for the weight loss to last, diets don’t work if you treat them like a short term project.

I lost 50lb with Weight Watchers and reached my goal on 17th August 2004 and I still struggle with my weight because I like to overindulge but I never got much more than ½ stone over so I can live with that.

Weight Watchers helped to teach me balance, I used to have a “Life’s too short” attitude, but these days when that thought starts to get into my head too often, I remind myself that if I continue to overeat, drink and indulge too much the YES LIFE WILL BE TOO SHORT!

So what or who is your “Thinspiration”, this week mine is a wonderful lady named Becky, an member who became a friend, she lives in Stoke now so I haven’t seen her for a while but yesterday she emailed me and made me shed a tear. She sent me a message telling me that she was going shopping for her wedding dress with her mom and how excited she was. She told me that if this had been happening a few ago, her thoughts would have been very different and instead of excitement, she would have been feeling dread. She continued to say that sometimes it's easy to forget just how much losing weight has changed her life, but that days like this make her realise how much better her life is.

Of course, I’m proud of all my members, but Becky is one of my special successes, she lost over 10 stone and just knowing that’s she’s keeping it off and is so happy makes me so happy. She is proof that Weight Watchers works. I can’t wait to see her wedding photos, but that’s another year away as we all know how long they take to plan these days.

(Becky before and after, taken in 2008)












So it’s Sunday and the suns shining, hope you get to enjoy it. xx

No comments: