Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 12 May 2011

12th May 2011

Just remember - when you think all is lost, the future remains. Robert H. Goddard

Over the halfway mark of the first week of the 8wk, 8lb challenge and feeling good, really enjoying the food too, made a smashing beef curry yesterday using 10pp worth of Pataks Balti Paste, 13pp stir fry beef, tin chopped tomatoes, onions, mushrooms (sorry not sure of weights as I used my scales and only recorded the ProPoints) it made 6 portions at 4pp each, I had planned on splitting it 4 ways but there was plenty, and I served it with 5pp rice, not a bad meal for 9pp at all. For lunch I had sardines in bbq sauce which I know aren’t everybody’s cup of tea but I love em and they remind me of my dad ;D

I ended yesterday having used 33pp, and I’m also still managing to enjoy my glass of wine, and I earned 9pp on my pedometer, I love my wineometer I do its just the easiest way to know exactly what I’ve done, almost like a personal trainer round my neck, it’s the first thing I put on in the morning before my bra and pants even, and if I’m half way to the bathroom when I realise I haven’t got it on – I go back! Every step counts! That goes for everything where weight loss is concerned every step counts, every decision matters, every choice makes a difference. If you make a bad choice at one meal, you can pull it back at the next meal.

I’m staying away from supermarkets because of the spending thing so I popped in the local fruit shop yesterday (more walking) and bought apples, pears, bananas and grapes so that’s my breakfast sorted for the next few days.

My belly is actually rumbling this morning not sure if that’s because it’s hungry or thirsty, so I’ll have a drink first before I walk the dog.

I was reminded of a poem yesterday which always makes me realise how important it is to enjoy life, every moment of it, even on the bad days remind yourself at least you’re still alive – it could be worse! So I’ll let you have a read;

The Dash Poem!

I read of a man who stood to speak,
At the funeral of a Friend.
He referred to the dates on this tombstone,
From beginning ….to the end.

He noted that first, came his date of birth,
And spoke the following tears.
But he said what mattered most of all,
Was the dash in between those years.

For the dash represents,
All the time he spent alive on earth.
And how only those who loved him,
Know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own,
The cars, the house, the cash,
What matters most is how we live and love,
And how we spend our dash …
So think about this long and hard.
Are there things you’d like to change?

For you never know how much time is left,
That can still be rearranged.
If we could just slow down enough,
To consider what is true and real.
And always try to understand,
The way other people feel.
And be less quick to anger,
And show appreciation more,
And love the people in our lives,
Like we’ve never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect,
And more often wear a smile …
Remembering that this special dash,
Might only last a little while.

So when your eulogy is being read,
With your life’s actions to rehash
Would you be proud of the things they say
And how your spent your dash?

By Linda Ellis

Have a wonderful day, and enjoy the dash.

No comments: