Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 22 January 2011

22nd January 2011 facebook email

Don’t sweat the small stuff and trust me it’s all small stuff!
It’s Saturday – YAY! A full day off and I’m really looking forward to it, I’m going to take Alfie on a super long walk first, then I have a massage booked as my treat, then I’m going to pick my brother and his wife up who I haven’t seen since last Easter as they live in Corfu. So yes today is going to be good. Hope you’ve all got a great one planned too.

Yesterday in the spare hour I had, I sat and went through the Seriously Satisfying cookbook and some of my other cookbooks and planned out some meals, breakfasts, lunch and dinner so that I know what I plan to be eating for the forthcoming week. This mornings breakfast is the Oaty smoothie on page 12 (3pp), spiced carrot and butternut squash on page 54 for lunch (1pp) and dinner is beef and ale pot pies on page 120 (10pp), that leaves me some spare for anything else that happens along the way!

Last night I attended a business meeting with the other leaders, who I hadn’t seen for a few months and it was lovely to meet up and we had a real good laugh, o yeah and I got weighed by my boss which actually wasn’t too bad ;-)

Truth be told – I don’t really need a reason to smile. I think happiness can be our natural state, and that we learn the unhappiness that so many of us experience. But if you do need a reason to smile this weekend, here are six of them:

1. You are loved. If you’re not loved by yourself, you are at least loved by me. And probably a whole bunch of other people to which you mean the world. Best of all, you have the ability to reciprocate that love – and doing so is guaranteed to make you smile.

2. Smiles make new friends. There’s no better way to open up yourself to other people than by smiling at strangers. Smiles attract attention, and your smile may spark a new and fulfilling friendship.

3. Because you’re worth it. There are over 7 billion humans on this planet – and not a single one of them is more deserving of love, more beautiful, or more magical than you. Knowing that, how can’t you smile?

4. A smile looks good on you. In fact, smiling is my best-kept beauty secret. A radiant smile works with any outfit, any season and any combination of colors or prints. Wear it proud!

5. It’s good for you. Smiling doesn’t just make you more attractive; it reduces stress, boosts your immune system, lowers blood pressure and releases endorphins.

6. Because it’s contagious. Your smile lights up a room – and other people take notice. Your smile helps others connect with their happiness. If you won’t smile for yourself, do it for others.

And I know what you’re thinking, there are certainly a number of reasons not to smile today. You don’t need me to remind you of those. But by focusing on the negative, you’re probably only ensuring a negative mood, attitude and experience.

Why not focus on those things that will lift you up, and align yourself with a more loving and positive energy? The choice, as always, is yours.

Have any more reasons to smile? Share them on our facebook wall ;-)

So have a smiley Saturday, share them out too, they cost nothing xx

No comments: