Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 18 January 2011

18th January 2011 facebook email

Silence is golden, but farts are funnier!
Apparently yesterday was officially the gloomiest day of the year! Christmas bills looming, it was cold outside and 70% of us have apparently already given up on our new year resolutions. I had a lovely day yesterday so they got it wrong I reckon ;-) The sun even managed to shine a little as I was having a lovely afternoon walk with Alfie.

I bought a book from Asda yesterday called ‘the handbag book of inspirations’ by Weight Watchers! It’s not bad, full of tips, advice and affirmations, of which I will share the odd one with you all now and then I think.

When Joyce my helper told me she made her smoothies with squash I thought it was odd! But it actually tasted good, she made me some yesterday, her ingredients were;

1 banana, 1 handful strawberries, 1 handful melon, 1 handful blueberries, 1 pint of summer fruits squash and blend together. She also gave me a straw to drink it with to protect my teeth, now that’s taking care of someone ;-)

Have you noticed how suddenly ProPoints become like currency, you eat something and think, “that wasn’t worth spending that many ProPoints on” or of course the opposite, “that was worth every ProPoint”. I made Cauliflower Cheese soup yesterday and although it was nice, I don’t think I’d want to spend 4 or 5pp on a bowl again, I’d rather spend more and have a proper plate of cauliflower cheese.

I did manage to track 100% though and I’m totally shocked because I managed to stick to my 29 when I thought I’d gone over! Thrilled is the word. This is what I had;

Breakfast
30g branflakes – 3pp
1/2pt milk for cereal & 3 cups of tea/coffee throughout day - 3pp

Morning Snack
Smoothie – 0pp

Lunch
Curried carrot soup – 0pp
2 pears – 0pp

Afternoon Snack
Big mug of Cauliflower cheese soup – 5pp

Dinner
Grey peas & bacon – 12pp

Late Snack
Wafer thin ham sandwich on 2 slices WW bread & low fat mayo – 6pp

All that adds up perfectly to 29pp and I got to each 6 times! I even earned 9pp on my pedometer and as I’m not drinking alcohol this week, I think I may be having a Chinese at the weekend with those ProPoints or I may just cook something special like the Nigella 29pp pasta dish I fancy making!

Okay, now it’s your turn, get on my facebook group or page and share your trackers, let’s inspire each other and give each other meal ideas. I know all my measurements are correct on my tracker because everything is weighed, how do you know that you’re ProPoints are correct, do you weigh, do you check portion sizes?

If you don’t weigh or measure, why not spend a week measuring out your portions to get used to what a sensible serving looks like – I was gobsmacked as I weighed my bran flakes yesterday, I’d forgot how few you get!

- Your fist is about the same size as one portion of fruit – just because they’re zero ProPoints doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be sensible about sizes.
- Your thump (tip to base) is the size of one portion of cheese.
- Your palm (minus fingers) equals a portion of meat, fish or poultry.
- Your cupped hand equals one portion of nuts or pretzels.

Also keep a track of how many portions of fruit and veg your having, remember you’re aiming for 5, I had 6 or 7 yesterday. Track fluids too, I’m not drinking so many cups of tea/coffee these days so I could how many cups of how water or glasses of cold I have, aim for 8 a day. And finally Calcium, try to include it in some form, whether milk, yogurts or even green vegetables.

Let’s all aim get healthy this week xx

No comments: