Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 13 January 2011

13th January 2011 facebook email

“I have at times been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” Agatha Christie

Morning all, we I’ve just finished the paperwork from last nights meetings = Tired.com already this morning ;-) and I haven’t even got to work yet lol. And even though I’ve been really busy all week, I’m making time for me, so that I can cook descent meals, that way I’ve got the energy and motivation to cope. Yesterday I experimented without a recipe and it turn out really tasty I was so impressed and pleased. I diced 2 onions and put them in a large frying pan with a spray from my WW oil spray, when they started to cook I added a teaspoon of paprika and stirred, then added half buttersquash diced, & 2 carrots diced, 1 stock cube, approx 200ml water and a 100ml of vermouth and brought to boil, then left for about 30m until almost cooked. I then threw in 2 pepper (1 orange / 1 yellow) and a courgette and cooked for a bit longer. Meanwhile I boiled 20pp worth of potatoes and 25pp worth of cheese (sorry not sure of weights as I used the Weight Watcher scales and was only looking at the ProPoints values. I added the vegetables from the pan to ovenproof bowls (made 5 portions) and then mashed the potatoes adding some of the cheese. I then made up a packet of Schwartz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce with ½ pint milk (6pp made up) and shared this between the bowls spooning it over the vegetables. I finally topped the bowls with the potato mixture and sprinkled cheese on top. I reheated mine later in the oven for half hour which browned off the cheese but if you were eating immediately you’d brown off under the grill. They worked out at 10 or 11pp each. Fabulous, you could really taste the cheese too. Mmm check me out!!!!


Staying with the cooking theme as I’m too much in a rush to be deep and meaningful this morning – it’s all about the food! If you remember the other day I made a tart which was tasty, but the next time I make the onion mixture I won’t put it on pastry I shall use it as a filling for roasted butternut squash, just cut in half, scoop out the seeds and cook the squash in oven until cooked, then top with the mixture and crumble the Stilton (or cheddar) on top and bake for another 15 minutes. Alternatively, you could use it as a filling for a jacket potato or maybe mix it into some pasta. Or if you like the idea of the tart, (pastry is only £1 in asda at the minute) You can top a 375g ready-rolled piece of puff pastry with it to make a tart for 7pp a portion, serves 8. Place pastry on a baking tray, just leave a border of about 1cm and spread the mixture inside, bake for 15-20m on gas mark 6/200oC

Red Onion and Cheese (12pp total)

5 medium red onions, sliced
2 tbsp cranberry sauce
350ml hot vegetable stock (made with 2 oxo cubes)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
80g Stilton (or cheddar)

Place onions in a non-stick frying with the cranberry sauce and stock. Season. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and increase the heat. Add the balsamic and cook for a further 10 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and cool completely.

So if you do one thing this year…

Walk around the house with bare feet! According to experts, it’s vital to let our feet air and stretch out, as they spend the majority of their time cramped up in footwear. Walking barefoot is natural and what our feet were designed for.

Mmm here’s to a truly scrumptious Thursday xx

One last thought, I was chuffed to see my group went over 400 members yesterday and I just wanted to say if you have a friend who goes to Weight Watchers (even if it's not my meeting) and you know they'd benefit from the emails, tell them they can request to join. xx Let's get everyone losing weight for the last time!

No comments: