Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 26 September 2022

A long weekend that flew by!

Monday 26th September 2022
If you stay positive in a negative situation YOU WIN!


Friday and Saturday dragged by but himself changed his ferry so that he arrived home at 3am Sunday morning, we had a lovely day yesterday all round.  We managed a lie in, bliss, it's rare I'm able to sleep in but I didn't wake till 7, that's good for me, we had a mug of tea watching tele in bed - double bliss.  Then at 10.45, the boys decided they wanted to go get themselves a Maccys breakfast, I resisted, they only just made it on time!

We then drove to the Tesco on the other side of Wolves to get Aryn passport photos, that booth does Eire compatible passport photos, I then spent an hour filling in the forms online, hopefully his mom will sign the copy we've sent via the solicitor.  I'd love to be able to take him on a wonderful holiday, plus he'd be able to fly back to Ireland rather than doing the ferry.

I was starving by 2ish and we'd agreed Friday to have a KFC bucket because we thought it would be just me and Aryn, but we still went for the bucket, I had a £5 coupon on the app too so happy days.  I had a couple of pieces and fries and I was done.  Just realised that was all I ate yesterday!  No wonder I've woke up hungry.

I've finally caved with some encouragement from himself, Aryn's wanted a cat since he came to live here, he loves them and has always had a cat in Ireland.  At first I said no because I'd not long lost Alfie, I felt like Aryn was enough responsibility for me lol, but watching him play with the cats in the street, realising it would help him emotionally, I decided why not.  We're going to have indoor cats - yeah we've decided to have two so they can keep each other company!  We had our home check yesterday and all being well, we'll have a couple of gorgeous grey/white cats by this time next week!  Before Alfie, we've always had cats, then there were the cats that weren't my cats that lived in my shed most of the time and I fed daily so I may as well have ones I own :)

It was lovely sitting with Aryn yesterday looking at cats in the rescue pages, he even sat next to me, which is all progress, he's so much more relaxed these days, making progress every day and I know the cats will make a massive difference.  OH and if you can afford, we're collecting cat food and cash this week that I can give to the rescue people to help them, as you can imagine they're all struggling right now, more so because of the economy, people are struggling to feed themselves, let alone their pets!

He left at 4am this morning, I couldn't fall back to sleep so I got up to work on an email for the solicitor, we're staying positive about this situation, Aryn is the priority here and hopefully all concerned will realise that in time.  

I'm gonna go swimming, sort our meeting for the week but then I do actually need to sort the spare room, especially now we have cats coming to live here.  Where to put the litter tray is the biggest decision, I'll have to make today ;) oh and of course I need to buy one too.

What felt like it was going to be the longest weekend, actually flew by in the end, it really does help to focus on the positives, the good and what you can control.  Watching crap tv helps pass the time too.  If I can have the odd day like yesterday, I can cope with anything!

I'd say roll on Friday when he's back but I really enjoy the week inbetween too, I have a job I love and I don't want to wish my life away for weekends do I.  

I do however need to get my eating back on track but I really want a Big Mac lol, I might have one today, although I do have stew in the fridge, I'm gonna freeze some I think.  Having said that, I ate well Saturday, Aryn and I had avocado smash on toast wtih cherry toms, bacon and mixed leaves, that's really healthy, then I had a bowl of stew later, so it's not as bad as I think, I've just not been tracking my meals, I've been tracking Aryns though!  

Life is good, I'm blessed and thankful for all I have, sounds twee I know but I really am.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: