Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 October 2021

It's the weekend!

Saturday 23rd October 2021
Greet each day with a hopeful heart. 



I've stopped blogging every day, partly because I either don't have much to say or I want to turn off my laptop and focus on living, but yesterday I didn't feel I could write, it was supposed to be such a happy day for Lucy and Phil, their wedding after 21 years, it had originally been planned for Mexico, then covid and lockdown happened and well you know the rest if you've been reading my blogs and Facebook posts.   The fundraising is going well, but there can't be too much in the pot because if she has no money worries for a month or so, she can grieve and take care of her family.  

Now I've spent the last few years being cautious with money and not spending anything in case I had to stop working to care for mom or I lost my job, then because of covid and not knowing what the future holds, but I'm so glad Lucy and Phil didn't do that, I'm glad they had those couple of extra family holidays they really couldn't afford at the time, I remember having the conversation with her saying should you really be going on another holiday when you're skint!  Well I'm glad she did now!  It's also make me realise, I can stop being quite so careful about the future and it's okay to spend a bit and live a little! 

I've had my car for 17 years and it's been a workhorse really but yesterday I got to drive a Range Rover, oh my days what a difference it is driving a nice car, the comfort in comparison was insane, even Alfie was all proud in the back seat!  I'm not saying I'm about to nip about and buy me a big fancy car but maybe next year, it will be time to start thinking about replacing the car I have that has it's wing mirrors held on with gaffer tape, we shall see.  For now I'll be happy with the money I've spent on some new clothes, I haven't done a food shop for two weeks so that's saved me hundred quid easily, just need to remember to get Alfie some food today as we're out of his stuff. 

I've got a lovely weekend to look forward too, we drove to Ironbridge for breakfast and a walk yesterday, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the huddle this morning.  Then tomorrow I'm off down south to see my brother and his wife, who are here for the week to see her family for the first time since lockdown.  Thankfully my lovely Carol is going to stay at mine and look after Alfie so he doesn't have to do the long drive and we don't have to worry about pet friendly pubs etc, it'll be a good test to see if he'll stay with her and settle for the future.

My cold is well and truly on it's way out, thankfully I haven't felt poorly, it's just a head cold, I've done a couple of covid tests just to be sure, but I knew, I get one every year, except last year when we weren't going anywhere at all to share our germs!

Here's to a good day, be thankful for everything you have, smile when you can, love lots and take care of you. 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: