Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 16 October 2021

10 weeks today......

Saturday 16th October 2021
Don't let your past define your future

I spent the morning on a shopping trip to get boots yesterday, went to that new Mcarther Glen outlet, my lovely sister had a whining Alfie for me!  Next was a zoom appointment for a UW customer and once I'd done all that it was about 2ish, so I went and had me a lovely long bath, followed by something to eat, then I feel asleep on the settee and had me an afternoon snooze!  I must have needed it, that's all I can say, I'll probably want one today now thanks to Alfie who woke me up at half four to go up the garden and I couldn't get back to sleep, little shih tzu his is! 

So here I'm sat typing away at 5.15am on a Saturday morning, house filled with music and a dog that's gone back to sleep, at least I don't have to rush round to get ready for the huddle this morning, I can take my time.  I'm going to take my time with everything today I think, no rushing in me at all. 

I resisted food shopping whilst out yesterday, I don't need anything, I've got a freezer full which I intend to live from for the rest of the month easily I reckon.  I've two of those part baked baguettes in the kitchen that came back from my holiday with me, they need using today, so I might cook them this morning and I've got some ham and cheese, that's breakfast and lunch sorted, or I could put scrambled eggs in on for breakfast because I think the eggs are past their best before date too!  I'll put em in a bowl of water to check they're fresh as long as they don't float they're fine to eat. 


I posted that on Facebook yesterday morning and I mean it, I hope that anyone going through a bad time in their lives right now reminds themselves it won't last forever.  I used to do that on a daily basis when mom was ill, I'd just live in the now and not think about what was to come.  I thought when she passed I knew what my future looked like, turns out I got that wrong too, you just never know what's ahead of us, which is one of the reasons I don't think about it too often, live in the now. 

Maybe that's why I struggle to plan my meals for the week ;) 

Here's to a great weekend, whatever you've got planned.  I have worked out how I can limit the damage this weekend, I think I'll be okay, I want to lose more weight before Christmas (10 weeks today - eek!) so I'll think before I eat!  Plus the boots I bought yesterday will now let me gain weight if I want to get the zips up! 

Looking forward to seeing lots of you this morning, if you've missed your regular huddle, come join us today, we have tea and toast! 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me.


No comments: