Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 2 February 2020

Why?

Sunday 2nd February 2020
you are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously 



Did you play some music yesterday, think about those tunes that you absolutely love, even thinking about them puts a smile on your face doesn't it!  

It's going to be a great day!  Oh yeah, I keep saying it and I do feel better in myself, it is helping, starting my day positive is doing something because nothing in my world has changed other than my attitude, mom's being particular difficult, she's giving my sister a hard time and just so I didn't feel left out, I got similar yesterday.  Me going out has seemed to through her right off, she's confused, woke me up in the middle of the night last night completely confused about everything, time, day, where I'd been even though I hadn't been anywhere and then she asked what we were going to do with the baby she'd been left looking after, she was adamant it was on her bed so I had to get up and go check for her and she's pointing at Alfie, this disease is just the cruelest thing, it really is.  But I am strong, I am refreshed from some quality time with my besties and I can cope and keep a smile on my face, I've also managed to catch up on my sleep despite that happening.  We were in bed at half seven, I'd been up since half 3 the night before, I've managed to go back to sleep till mom woke me again at half five.  She's gone back to sleep so I've got an hour or two of calm hopefully.

Yeah it's going to be a great day! 

I've just enjoyed a cracking cup of tea, so your first challenge for today is to have a cuppa and take a moment to take a breathe if you're one of those people who never stops. 

Mmm, Feel fabulous in February, what does that look like in your world?  Obviously the challenges I'm going to set will help me, which is how I will be able to think them up, but if you think of something that would help you more - do that!  You know you better than anyone, as the image says above, you are entirely up to you, I love this thought.  It's really true, every decision you make, every choice, adds up to who you become, so how about we start making better choices and decisions.  

This weeks workshops have been all about our mindset, start questioning the thoughts you have, ask yourself 'is that true', maybe you should start to practice a little self compassion and treat yourself as well as you do those you love!   

It's so easy to get stuck on what's going wrong, so let's starting focusing on what's going well and see any setbacks as opportunities that can help us move forward and grow.

This morning, let's remember what matters to you, your WHY is the reason you want to be healthier, as we discussed all week, it doesn't have to only be one thing.  So that's also today's challenge, how many different WHY's can you think of for wanting to lose weight, be healthier?  

Mmm, what are mine? 

I know when I focus on eating healthier, I feel more able to cope with my life.
I would like to feel better in my clothes.
I want the clothes I have to fit me properly again.
I'd like to want to go clothes shopping again.  
I want to give my body the best change of carrying me around without pain for as long as possible.
I want energy, I love it when I'm bursting with enthusiasm for life and full of energy - that's my favourite version of me.

There are probably lots of other things including being able to stand at the sink to do the washing up without my back hurting or being able to pick up Alfie's poo without having to negotiate the movement of bending over!  Yeah feeling healthier, carrying round less excess weight it all adds to making life a little easier and writing it down as made me acknowledge that this morning.  So go do the same, do just read this and think yeah, I agree with all that, go write it down, if you have a WW success story book, go write it in there.  I'm going to start me a fresh one this morning, I'll write my why in it ready for my weigh-in tomorrow morning and today I will focus on eating healthy. 

I might make myself a roast dinner, I like the sound of that and it'll mean I can spend a little time in the kitchen, I'm going to make something with the bananas that are on the turn, it may be the simple, WW porridge / egg / banana muffins but maybe I'll bake, I'd have to fetch some ingredients though for these which are lush;

Wake up Muffins 

Serves 12, 6sp each blue / purple or 7SP on green

Tired all the time? These banana, raspberry and nut muffins will help to keep you full of energy all day long. Lower fat, rich in energy-producing B vitamins. Prep 15 mins Total time 35 mins, plus cooling. Get ahead Make the day before; store in an airtight container.

Nice microwaved for 30 seconds before eating. The muffins can also be frozen

50g unblanched almonds, chopped (5SP)
300ml natural yogurt (zero on blue / purple / 7SP on green )
4 tbsp smooth peanut butter (25SP)
1 large egg (zero on blue / purple / 2SP on green)

225g self-raising flour (22SP)
2 tsp baking powder
75g light brown soft sugar (18SP)
3 ripe bananas, peeled and finely chopped (about 375g unpeeled weight, 225g peeled weight)
1 x 150g pack raspberries

Preheat the oven to 200oC, fan 180oC, Gas 6 & line the holes of a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add a pinch of salt and the sugar. Stir in the chopped banana, raspberries and half the chopped nuts. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.

Mix together the yogurt, almond butter and egg in a small bowl until smooth. Pour into the well and gently but quickly mix everything together.

Divide the mixture among the muffin cases and sprinkle with the remaining nuts. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm or leave to cool on a wire rack. 


OR these are equally good 

Raspberry and Banana Muffins 

Serves 8, 5sp each

Whip up a batch of these light and fruity muffins. 
Recipe taken from Anthony Worrell Thompson's cookbook The Sweet Life.

200g Plain White Flour (20sp)
2 teaspoons Baking powder
8 tablespoons Artificial sweetener, Granulated (such as Splenda)
100g Raspberries, frozen, briefly thawed
1medium Egg, whole, raw (zero on blue / purple, 2sp on green)
1teaspoons Vanilla Extract
50g Butter, melted (18sp)
100ml Semi Skimmed Milk (2sp)
1medium Banana(s), ripe, mashed

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Place 8 paper muffin cases into a muffin tray, or use squares of greaseproof paper. 

Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sweetener and raspberries. 

Beat together the egg, vanilla extract, melted butter and milk. Stir into the dry ingredients with the mashed banana until just combined. Avoid overmixing and do not beat. The mixture will be quite lumpy, but there should not be any traces of dry flour. Spoon into the paper cases. 

Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack. 


Anyways, my hope for a couple of hours quiet has just been cancelled, moms woke up so I'll go get her sorted and I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 


No comments: