Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 5 February 2020

Slept in - Bliss!

Wednesday 5th February 2020
Prioritising good sleep is good self love. 
If you usually read my blog first thing you're probably wondering why it's late, well that's because I had me a lie in!  And it was so very, very needed.  Alfie woke me up around 5 to go up the garden, then I got back in bed mom woke me about an hour later to ask where I was and when I said in bed, she said she was going to go back to bed herself and Alfie left me alone till just before 8, just brilliant. 

I was a bit miffed when I went to bed last night because I couldn't find the bottle of Night Nurse I make sure I always have in the house for when I get a cold or cough, but turns out a couple of paracetamol and a tumbler of water was all I needed.  

Why is sleep important?  We spend about a third of our lives asleep. Sleep is essential - It is as important to our bodies as eating, drinking and breathing, and is vital for maintaining good mental and physical health. Sleeping helps us to recover from mental as well as physical exertion.

And according to experts, Poor Sleep Can Make You Fat and Good Sleepers Tend to Eat Fewer Calories, well there's two good reasons for you to get a few early nights right there.

Therefore your challenge today is to try and get a few early nights, also to take a look at your sleeping environment, is it fit for sleep.  I've recently had a new mattress, which cost silly money but it's guaranteed for 10 years so if you work it out that way, my Tempur was worth every penny, I do think it's aiding a better sleep and I'm not so stiff when I get out of bed.  

They recommend you avoid caffeine and alcohol before bedtime.  Make sure your room is set between 69-71F (not sure what that is is oC but it's a cool room).  Exercising in the morning or afternoon is also good and putting your phone away at least an hour before your bedtime.   If your problem is waking up, the experts suggest you set your alarm at the same time each day even weekends so your body gets used to it. 

Early night tonight then?  I need to get the dog walked bless him, he's whining at me.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx



No comments: