Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 26 February 2020

What would you spend a wellness allowance on?

Wednesday 26th February 2020
It's not just about losing weight, it's about losing the mindset and lifestyle that got you there.

Alfie woke mom and me up at half six this morning, little devil, I assumed he wanted to go up the garden so got up but he went back on moms bed!  Grrr!  Good job I love him that's all I'll say, I can never go back to sleep at that time of day and I was having a not so nice dream, so I'm not too bothered.

Yesterday was a great day (even if mom played up when it was time for me to go to work, I'm getting more relaxed about her behaviour, instead of worrying and stressing about what might happen, I'm more hey ho, what will be, will be.  I can't control everything that happens in this world so I'm no longer going to try, as she keeps telling me she's quite capable of.... and finishes that sentence with whatever suits her at the time!

I ate a few more snacks than I'd planned last night, but at least the salted almonds have gone!  I did have melon and yogurt which was delicious, for my dinner I had this;


Salmon with frozen peas and gnocchi in a white sauce with some Arla protein cheese (3SP per 100g) and I am thrilled (easily pleased me) to find out the ingredients are 100% milk, no additives so sticking with the idea of one of the first rules of this 'Food Rules' book I'm reading, DON'T EAT ANYTHING YOUR GREAT-GRANDMOTHER WOULDN'T RECOGNISE AS FOOD.  This makes perfect sense to me, try and steer clear of all those additives and things that are so processed their probably a molecule away from being plasticine or plastic!  I've always had a problem with these syrups, foods, sauces that have zero calories in them, I'm like if there's no calories in them, there can't be any food in them?  So what is in them!  Don't get me wrong if that floats your boat and you're okay with it, crack on.  I've just sat and drunk my mug of tea that I enjoy every morning and I'm guilty of double standards because I have a sweetex in it, which is Sodium Saccharin (at least I can pronounce it) but I do know people have opinions about such things and there's been research but I choose to take the chance, if a couple of sweetex a day since I was a teenager is to be my downfall, then so be it, I'm not giving up my cuppa and it doesn't taste as good without or with real sugar.

Anyways moving on cos I forgot what I was talking about to start with!  Oh yeah it was the protein cheese, the Arla one is the only one I think has any taste and it's great in a white sauce, trust me.

White sauce 

40g low fat spread (5SP)
40g flour (4SP) 
450ml skimmed milk (6SP)

plonk in a pan and stir continuously as you bring to the boil, then add a bit of mustard if you like, some grated cheese, lush.  


I put pieces of salmon, a bag of gnocchi, a few handfuls of frozen peas in a dish and covered with this sauce, mmmm nom nom, it's one of my new favourite meals and will be a regular in the house.

Today I'm having chicken I think with plenty veggies, I might have scrambled eggs for breakfast as I bought a box last night half price, love a food bargain, can't help myself, even when I have eggs in the house.  I also had a whole salmon from Morrisons, it's on offer and when someone fetches it for ya it's even better.  The rest has gone in the freezer, oh and some for my sis cos she's awesome.

Alfie is now whining behind me because he obviously wants a walk but I'm not ready, I'm still in my pyjamas, it's difficult to ignore that noise though I won't lie.

It was pay day yesterday, thinking about a pay day treat, but I'm trying to be a grown up and not just dive in and buy something that I want today but might not use because I know what I'm like, so I'm going to think about it for a few days lol.  WW are good to work for, this months wage includes an annual Wellness Allowance of £75 because they want us to focus on our own Wellbeing, aimed to maintain or improve our physical, financial and emotional wellbeing and I want to spend it on something that will do exactly that!  I initially thought yeah I'll use it to pay for the BodyGroove subscription for the year, but I was gonna buy that anyway if I stuck the month out, so now I'm thinking mmm, maybe my emotional wellbeing.  What would you spend it on, if you got £75 in an envelope?  See being a WW coach is already a pretty, freaking, awesome job, now it comes with perks like this too!  Fancy becoming a coach?  Check out the website for info and if you do decide to apply, put my name down as the one who referred you (yeah I'd get a bonus for that too! Beverley Longsden just incase you didn't know my full name, 012545 is my coach number.  https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/become-a-ww-coach

Right the noise is doing my head in now, I'm off to get dressed, walk the mutt, start my great day with some fresh air.

Mwah, luv ya


Love me

No comments: