Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 14 February 2019

Wherever you are - be all there

Thursday 14th February
Wherever you are - be all there.

Be present

That's what I've realised I need to do more, actually be there in the moment, instead of inside my head with my thoughts.  I know there's lots going on in my life at the moment but I need to leave it at home when I go to work.  It's too easy to get distracted so I consciously made an effort yesterday and I will be doing the same today.  

Take for example today being Valentines day, how many women (or men for that) would just like to actually have some quality time with their loved ones to chat and laugh rather than have a bunch or flowers or a box of chocolates thrown at them as their partner then continues to do something else or worse sit in the same room not communicating. 

Anyway yesterday was a good day, I watched an excellent film on Netflix called Edie, loved it, my brother had recommended it and he was right it was just my cup of tea, it made me want to walk up a big hill so I messaged him and we've arranged to walk up the Wrekin early Sunday morning, start small as it's been a very long time since me and Ian have walked together and we're both so unfit, it's unreal!  I'll leave mom a flask and hopefully the Tesco garage will be open that early for papers so she's got something to occupy her.  I might not blog early Sunday as I won't have time if I sleep till a decent hour.  There was a moment in the film where he says to Edie, 'Don't forget you' and I can't get that line out of my head and realise that's "My Why", I've been in danger of forgetting me in so many ways but this year already has reminded me life's too short for that.  Here's to walking up big hills! 

here's a link to some lovely success pics with tips from WW Positive pics of success

I had a lovely bowl of lentil soup (a Harjit special) last night for my tea, it was delicious and although I don't have her recipe, she never does the same thing twice, I do have this one which is from a lovely lady who made these for me a few years ago and they were delicious, I even manage to replicate them, not as good as hers but not too bad. 

Yasmin's Yummy Lentils

1 table spoon of olive oil (5sp)
Half an onion 
Two garlic cloves 
Salt 
green chilli 
Turmeric powder 

2 cups washed split red lentils (you'll need to weigh them, but 500g = 38sp)
coriander to garnish
Add oil, chopped onion and garlic to a pan and on a low heat, soften onions and garlic. 

Then add washed lentils and mix quickly so they don't burn or stick to pan. 

Add 2-3 cups of water and mix well. Add a half teaspoon of Turmeric to the pan, mix well.  

Add a chopped chill or two, preference is yours. 

Mix well, and on a medium heat, cover the pan and let cook for 20 mins. 

Check every 5 mins to make sure you have enough water as it evaporates very, very quickly. If so, add another cup and check again. When lentils are no longer looking like lentils, more like mushy lentils. After its all cooked, add coriander to garnish, and a huge dollop of low fat, or fat free Greek yogurt to serve. 

You can have with toast, chapattis, rice, or a huge spoon.
trust me if this recipe doesn't get you eating lentils, I don't think anything will. 
Here's another recipe that sounds delicious and simple that came from a member this week in workshop.  
Cacik 
Fat free Greek yogurt
Cucumber
2 garlic gloves 

Method 
Grate the cucumber add it to the yogurt ,add the crushed garlic , mix well and a little salt and enjoy . Christine's family have it with chicken , kofte ( meatballs ), steak or veg croutons

Right that's me done, I have lots to do before I even get to leave for work.  At least I get to spend Valentines day with members I love :) 

Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""

No comments: