Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 15 February 2019

It's always gonna be about the food!

Friday, February 15th 2019 
Sometimes you have to let go of the picture of what you thought life would be like and learn to find joy in the story you're living.
So we've been talking about food a lot in my workshops this week, we're attempting to put together a must have shopping list for helping us lose weight, we're sharing our tips and ideas.  I'm loving it.

Anyway on the way to my workshops on the morning, I stopped at the Tesco garage and I bought a meal deal to make a point, meh who am I kidding I bought it because I wanted a cold coffee drink, they're so good they really are and I knew I was wasting a hole heap of points but I didn't care in that moment.  Anyway, I realised I could have it as part of a meal deal so I though I'd get mom a bag of Walkers Cheese and Onion, thinking one bag was better than a multipack of six where I'd be tempted by the other five.  Now I know I'm not the only one who let's price influence their choices when choosing what to have in a meal deal.  So the cold coffee drink I opted for was of course the bigger one, more than twice the price, so that would've cost me £2.25 on it's own, the crisps were 70p so I was getting the main bit for 5 pence = bargain!  However the coffee cost me 11 Smarts Points, the crisps were 5 Smarts Points and just to show my members how easy if was to blow your weeklies in a single meal, I bought the honey and mustard chicken pasta for an incredible 20 Smart Points, OUCH.  36 Smart Points gone just like that.  
What's even worse is I had that pasta for my tea last night and it wasn't even filling, I could've easily ate more afterwards.

This is why we're working on putting together a list of food bargains, those delicious things that save you points and help you on your journey.   Something as simple as Sheila saying she used to get home from work (she's retired now you know!) and open a tin of tuna and just mix a little mayo in it and eat as a snack to keep her ticking over until her next meal.  How quick and easy is that, yet I've never thought of doing it!  Lidl's Batts Lighter than Light Mayonnaise is 0SP for 1TBSP, plus it's only 59 pence for a 500g jar so it's a bargain both ways.

Yeah we need to get back to sharing food finds and talking FOOD!  Take these for example, I wouldn't normally buy something like this, but it was part of a Co-op £5 meal deal so I did, I'm trying to work through my freezer to use stuff up and I have to say for 3SP each, they're obviously considered 'processed' which is why WW have pointed the entire ingredients which is a shame because I've just looked on their website and yes the ingredients state 75% chicken breast but it explains that the other 25% relates to the other tasty ingredients such as the coating.


I'd buy them again because I can't make chicken taste that good!  I wonder if I could get a chargrilled chicken seasoning that tastes as good, that would bring the points down.  Let me know if you've know of one that tastes good.  

Also let me know of anything you think should be on my list, I'll share the finished list here of course and we can keep updating it.  

Well moms just surfaced, we've been awake a few times in the night, thanks to Alfie and foxes then bless mom when she did get back to sleep she woke up all confused.  At least we've got a restful day planned.  Got some work to do first but then I'm chilling with my mom and hoping to find something worth watching. 

Have a very, great day.

 Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)

   ""


No comments: