Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 February 2019

Top of the world ma! Well the Wrekin...

Monday 18th February 2019
Be stronger than your excuses.
Well I had a lovely morning yesterday, I met my brother at half 8 at the bottom of the Wrekin in Telford and we were at the top for just after 8, I'd let myself forget how much I enjoy a good walk, I won't do it again.  That hard to breath start, the stitch, the pain in your groin - it's all worth it for the sense of achievement at the top and those views, just out this world.  
We've already decided we're going to do something every Sunday morning, I was back before ten which is perfect because then I'm home with mom for the rest of the day.  There's so many places within a short drive from Wolverhampton.  Cannock Chase and some amazing canal walks to name but a couple, little further afield you have the Long Mynd and Stiperstones, yeah so many lovely places. 

Later when I checked my Facebook memories, turns out 6 years ago to the day, I'd walked up the Wrekin on my own, I'd taken the selfie on the left in 2013, the one on the right I took yesterday once I was back in the car, I wanted to record the smile on my face to remind me of that joy. 


Alfie still had to be walked when I got home, so I was out for another 40 minutes, taking my total steps for the day to just shy of 14k steps, I did more than that on Wednesday, but look at the difference in the FitPoints I earned because my FitBit understands the difference between walking about doing bit and proper exercise. Only 1000 steps between them but 23 FitPoints yesterday and 14 FitPoints on Wednesday when I did the extra steps.  It was definitely worth getting out of breathe for! 





I then spent an hour in the kitchen attempting Harjit's curry - I failed, it's edible but it's not a patch on the real deal, I won't be defeated though, maybe I'll try again today, we'll see.  Here's her recipe if you want a go yourself, follow the link https://wwbevsworld.blogspot.com/2019/01/curry-is-best.html I did enjoy the singing and dancing I did whilst cooking, that was fun. 

Whilst looking for something else yesterday, I found this recipe, I remember having this at a meeting once and it's delicious, give it a go, lovely low point pudding and you can eat half of it for 1SP.  

Peach fool
Serves 4, 1 SmartPoints each, or 2SP total

1 can peaches in juice, drained 
150g Quark (2SP)
300g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt 

Puree the peaches until smooth. 

Separately mix quark and yogurt together. 

Layer the puree and quark mixture into small glasses and add a swirl on top. Chill for at least an hour before serving. 

I've got a busy morning catching up with work and getting ready for the week ahead, but I'll fit in a dog walk, that'll help stretch out my legs, which aren't as bad as I expected thankfully
Here's to getting my fitness levels back up to a place I'm happy with.  I maintained on the scales this week, so a bit of activity could be the tweak I need to set the scales in the right direction.  I know I'm not following the plan 100% so I can't expect losses, here's to a week of doing better, whilst looking forward to that next walk.

Here's to a week of tweaks, nothing radical, no grand gestures but knowing that if I can have the week I've just had and maintain, I only need to tweak my diet to get the loss I would like.  What could you tweak?  I'm going to hide the bread and moms butter dish to stop me being tempted, if it's in a cupboard I won't think about it so easily.  I'm also going to get back to having my eggs for breakfast, been skipping a proper brekkie and having some toast, it's just not as filling.  I might even make a crustless quiche like I posted yesterday, just need to get the cottage cheese. 

Enjoy today...

Stay BeYOUtiful!   

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""




No comments: