Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 13 December 2018

Trying not to indulge! It's not Christmas YET!

Thursday 13th December 
Make it a December to remember

I did my batch cooking so I now have enough food to last me the rest of the week.  The chickens I'd bought from the co-op, 3 for a tenner, I skinned and portioned the remaining two, it gave me 4 breasts weighing 1kg and 4 legs weighing just shy of 1kg, not bad when you work out the cost of buying them ready portioned.


I made a chicken hotpot with the legs and chicken madras with the breasts.  Then my lovely ladies who help me on a Wednesday night made me a veggie curry and some lentils, so good, if I could do to veggies and lentils what they do, I'd live on them!   The secret here I think is dicing the veggies, I always struggle with veggie curry but think it's because the veg is cut in huge chunks.  I really do need to have a go myself but I know it won't taste as good as theirs, oh and that chapati thing, well..... 


I'm keeping my head above water on the Christmas front, I succumbed to one Malteser truffle yesterday, oh my days, they're a bit nice!  I also had a small sliver of bread pudding to say I'd had a bit, mom had the rest.  

I've just woke up to a wonderful inbox message from a lovely lady about my relationship with my mom and everything I do, that's made me smile.  Isn't it wonderful when people say nice things to you.  Why do you make today, 'Tell them how you feel Thursday' tell someone you love just how much, or if you admire someone tell them so, we're all quick to complain but not so much to say thank you. 

I video'd my mom yesterday telling me about when she received a Food Box from the Salvation Army when we were kids, actually before I was born, her version has changed over time but the event did take place and it did help her out massively so close to Christmas to have some help.  https://www.facebook.com/bevww/videos/10156492692605862/  This is just one of the many reasons I'm raising money for the Food Bank, we're getting closer to my £2k target and I think I'll have to go take another car load of food before Christmas too.  I've emptied another £50 from the charity tubs in my workshops last night, I'll bank transfer that when my phone charges but if you can't get to the charity tubs then you can text your donation 

Simply text: WWDD66 followed by the amount to 70070

or donate at
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/donatedinner 

I know I'm going on about it but I'll give it a break when we hit £2k ;) and seriously that food parcel delivered to mom was before I was born she thinks, so in almost 50 years, not much has changed, there are still people going hungry in this country, meanwhile the other half of us are trying desperately not to eat and if you still haven't watched 'I, Daniel Blake', I suggest you do because that gives you an insight into how broken the system is.  Hell try going all day today without anything more than water and realise how difficult it is, trying to sleep when your stomach is making noises.  Imagine being a child trying to learn in school on an empty belly.  It's just wrong isn't it.  How much are the Christmas coffees in costa? More than it costs to feed a family of four at the food bank I bet!

Anyway, I'm getting preachy and I don't want to, instead I'm going to go eat leftover curry for breakfast, because I can and because it's a zero meal.  Here's to spending the day being grateful, being kind to others and trying to avoid the Malteser truffles, wish me luck.

Have a very, great day BeYOUtiful, I'm hoping Sadie has my 'BeYOUtiful, happy owls' t-shirt ready for Christmas, I need it. 

No comments: