Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 27 December 2018

Restart when you're ready!

Thursday 27th December 2018
5 by 5 rule - if it's not going to matter in 5 years, don't spend longer than 5 minutes being upset about it.

Well I've got two more days off and then I'm back at my workshop on Saturday morning, part of me has had her suspicions confirmed that there was a very, good reason I didn't have any weeks off this year, it's bloody hard work being at home!  Oh but unlike most of my members posting they are ready to get back on track because they've been super greedy and feel sluggish, I'm not quite there yet, don't get me wrong - I know I've gained weight and I do want to lose it, but it's going to wait until January, eating and drinking is all that's getting me through this week. We had a lovely bacon sarnie for breakfast, scallops with olive bread and red cabbage for dinner and for tea we had a plate with potato salad, cottage cheese, coleslaw, bit of cheese and a couple of crackers, oh and I grazed on the rest of the salted peanuts - they're gone thankfully. 

We're probably gonna have bubble and squeak today with the leftover Christmas dinner and I'm thinking a lovely cauliflower cheese at some point with the cheese we haven't used.  We still have the croissants, so they're obviously not that high on our to eat list!  Don't forget if you have sealed food with at least 2 weeks use by date on that you wished you hadn't bought or don't now want to eat, you can put it in the food bank, they'll use it.

I am going to start looking at what I can eat when I'm ready though, we've got a new cook book that's definitely going to be worth a look and I've just seen this recipe on another website, yes there are Smart Points in it but they'd be lush I reckon and the recipe tweak able.

Baked Honey and Mustard Butterbeans
400g tin of butterbeans
1 tbsp honey (4SP)
1 tspn dijon mustard
1 tspn wholegrain mustard (1SP)
Olive oil (1tbsp = 5SP, 2tbsp = 9SP)
Seasoning
A few thyme sprigs
Preheat oven to 190oC.
Mix the honey, mustard, a glug of olive oil and seasoning in a bowl.  Add the butterbeans and toss well.
Add beans to a oven proof dish and scatter across thyme.  Bake for 30 mins or until golden on top.
Yeah sounds delicious!
It'll be just me and mom tonight so I'm thinking a super early night before she turns, although it's been earlier this week, I'm guessing its because there's others here.  I can't control how she behaves but I can control how I react, the thing is with people is we try to control things that are out of our control and it upsets us when we can't, so here's a list of things you can control, focus on them!
Your beliefs, attitude, thoughts, perspective. How honest you are.  Who your friends are.  What books you read.  How often you exercise.  The food you eat & how much!  How many risks you take.  How kind you are to others.  How you interpret situations.  How kind you are to yourself.  How often you say 'I love you' and 'Thank you'.  How you express your feelings. Whether or not you ask for help. How often you practice gratitude.  How many times you smile today.  The amount of effort you put into something.  How you spend your money.  How much time you spend worrying.  How often you think about your past.  Wether or not you judge other people.  Whether or not you try again after a setback.  How much you appreciate the things you have.
Today decide to not stress over the things you can't control. If you've overeaten for the last few days, weeks, months or even the last year, you can't rectify the situation in a few hours, it's going to take time.  If you know the next few days won't be the easiest, don't aim for perfection, aim to have a little less than you did yesterday and say "No, thank you" a little more often.  Add more vegetables to your plate, drink more water, less alcohol, go for a walk, start with small steps and build up.  Get on your WW app and start tracking even it it doesn't look pretty written down.  If you're one of my members or local, come and see me at my workshop on Saturday and take your gain in 2018, then you're first check-in in 2019 will be a loss.  

Let's make 2019 the year we do what we can, when we can and not stress about what we can't control.  Have a very, great Thursday BeYOUtiful. 

No comments: