Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 28 December 2018

My plan for 2019 is to be HUMAN!

Friday 28th December
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.

As I walked the dog yesterday morning, I received a message from a friend telling me how she'd gained 5lb so far, I quickly tried to do the math on how much I'd gained as I had stepped on the scales that morning and smiled at the number because it was only 1lb off the weight I said I never wanted to see again, it was 6lb on I think, maybe 7lb but I felt calm and okay with that, I have real issues to worry about!  I then got to thinking ooo 2019 is my last year in my 40's, I can make it my goal to be fab at fifty, I even downloaded an app onto my phone that told me it was exactly 387 days till my 50th Birthday, that'll be 386 today!  So there I am thinking ooo 50 weeks to get fit for 50, I went to get moms papers and on the front of the Daily Mail it said NEW YEAR, NEW YOU - 13 page special, the only thing that would've sold that better would've been if it had been 50 page special (50 get it, there's a theme evolving!)   I could make 50 new recipes over the year, lose 50lb (did the maths - I THINK NOT!  I do not want or need to lose 50lb really, even though I would be within a healthy BMI I don't want to be that weight).

Then I opened the paper, sat down at my desk and read the line "we forget, we're 'only human'" yeah we're not supposed to be flawless, perfect robot versions of ourself.  I haven't made New Years resolutions for years but this year I'm making one and that's to be the best human I can be.

Yes I will try to cook new recipes but I'm not going to commit to doing 50!  Yes I'm going to lose some weight but it won't be 50lb!  Yes I will be Fabulous at Fifty because BeYOUtiful I'm already Fabulous at 48!

Yep I'm good enough NOW, however I would like to start taking care of myself a little more, I'm well aware 2018 was the year of SOD IT for me, my mentality most of the time has been 'well I can't go anywhere or do anything so I may as well eat and drink' not the best attitude for my physical or mental health really is it. In 2019 I'm going to question and challenge those thoughts as I work on being the best human I can be.

And because I am human, when I do feel the urge to binge of booze or food, I'll remind myself I can resist and that stuff will still be there tomorrow if I do need more.

I'm going to use the year getting to know the grown up version of me, the middle aged woman who's life has changed drastically thanks to Alzheimers/Dementia.  My life is different and I've got to find a way to make it all work because I know the situation isn't about to improve any time soon.

Ask yourself what do you really want from your life?  I want to be content, calm and find laughter whenever possible.  I want to be strong enough to cope with moms illness and brave enough to handle anything it throws at me.

And because I'm human, I'm not going to start with the eating/drinking sensibly thing until January 1st after all, it is my holiday and I've only had one this year ;)

What you gonna do and when you gonna start?

No comments: