Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 27 October 2018

What satisfies you?


27th October 2018
It always seems impossible until it is done.


Enjoyed a quiet day with mom yesterday, also had a lovely massage and nipped to Hobbycraft to check out their wool, 3 for 2 until Sunday, got me a bargain, now to try and work with the massive wool, it’s called BIG and it says super chunky but it’s thicker than any super chunky I’ve ever come across, couldn’t resist though, a lovely teal colour, reduced from £15 to £7.50 a ball then 3 for 2, so a third of the price, even only the balls are about £11 each, needs a size 20mm needle which for none crochet people is huge, 20mm thick, will play later as the lovely Tina picked me a hook up. 


Now today’s coaching question is;

“What gives you the greatest sense of satisfaction in your life?”

How difficult is that question!  Now one thing that is obvious for me would be the charity work I do, knowing I’m coordinating everyone else’s generosity always makes me feel good, knowing we’re doing good together – strength in numbers.  Lot’s of people are willing to help, but no one wants to organise it all, that’s where I come in.  It’s very satisfying doing something for a cause you believe in.

This is the actual definition of the word satisfaction in English:
Satisfaction
Fulfilment of one's wishes, expectations, or needs, or the pleasure derived from this.

Yesterday though, one of the highlights of my day which gave me immense satisfaction and it was such a simple thing, I’d been to Sainsbury’s and they had 2 small chickens reduced to £1.99 each, I’d put them straight in the oven when I got home – a bargain always gives me satisfaction.  But that wasn’t it, my brother knocked the door just as they were cooked, and he’s always up for being fed, so I say do you want me to cook some veggies or do you just wanna pick at the chicken?  He opted for the chicken and we both stood at the cooker in the kitchen with a chicken each in a bowl tearing it apart, eating it and chatting.  That was an incredibly satisfying experience, delicious food, talking about stuff we have in common and bonding with my brother, simple rare family time spent together, extremely satisfying.

Another reason food is such an important part of our life, it brings us all together. 

I can’t say what gives me the greatest sense of satisfaction in my life, there are so many things, I haven’t even mentioned my members and the work I do for WW, that’s truly satisfying, then there’s my mom!

Seeing my mom’s face when we flew round Everest in a small plane and fulfilled her lifetime ambition was possibly the most satisfying experience of both of our lives, her’s for seeing the mountain she was so obsessed with and me for seeing that childlike look of absolute wonder on her face and knowing I’d help make that happen, it was something truly special and an image I didn’t need a camera for because it’s imprinted in my heart.  Yep, now that’s true satisfaction.

I guess it’s helping others and making a difference that gives me the greatest sense of satisfaction, knowing I make a difference to this world, however small.   What about you?

 “What gives you the greatest sense of satisfaction in your life?”

On a simple level, it’d be waking up before the alarm and not being tired or the ultimate would be getting the perfect yolk on my fried eggs, even better perfect poached eggs, illusive but possible, I actually think that could make me love someone enough to live with them, if they could do a perfect poached egg on demand lol.

Right this is getting silly, I have work to get too, ooo we get an extra hours sleep tonight, that’s nice although I still think we’d appreciate more on a work day, can you imagine waking up on Wednesday morning, then saying oh the clocks have gone back today, I can have an extra hour = nice.  Personally I wouldn’t mess with the clocks at all but that’s another topic, another day.

Here’s to a great day and surviving the weekend, I have a winner, winner chicken dinner planned with that chicken today, when I came to wrap the leftovers up, we’d both eaten the legs and left the breasts, typical Longsdens!


No comments: