Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 11 October 2018

Favourite album?


11th October 2018
No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart.



Made it through the meetings last night despite barely having a voice, got to love a head cold that insists on taking your voice with it, happens to me every time!   Still very quiet this morning but I’m on the mend thankfully, could’ve eaten the world last night so knew that was a good sign. 

Today’s coaching card questions are;
What gives your life meaning? What gives you pleasure?

This one’s easy for me, helping others gives my life meaning, being a good person for the sake of it, because it’s the right thing to do, not because it’ll get me into heaven (I’m a none believer, but I’m sure if I’m wrong, if he’s the good guy every one reckons, he’ll forgive me for my doubts!)   I believe it’s important to be the best version of yourself that you are capable of being and to be kind to others.  Appreciate we’re all different and make a difference where you can.

What gives me pleasure?  Oh again so many things!  From simple stuff like food and wine to deeper things like making a difference to the world, having an impact on someone else’s life.  Being the person that lifts someone or puts a smile on their face.  I love to make people laugh and feel good about themselves – that gives me pleasure and gives my life meaning. 

What about you?

Also I’ve just heard on the radio, that the 13th October 2018 is to be the UK’s ‘National Album Day’, celebrating the 70th anniversary of the album.  At 3.33(r)pm on Saturday, 13th October the British public are encouraged to play their favourite record.  Music is something else that gives me pleasure, hopefully it’ll be all over the papers on Saturday and I will suggest to mom that we get the music out, I have the Stylistics and Dr Who on vinyl which we can play, they were her albums that I remember hearing over and over as a child.  Mine would be, well if I’m honest I also struggle with favourites but the first one that came to mind when Vanessa Feltz mentioned it on the radio was Pink Floyd’s, Wish you were here, not just for the music but also for the memories that come with it.  I can think of others, but that one transports me to another time and the nearest I got to having ‘the love of my life!’ I was still too sensible then, realising no matter my feelings, there was no future there for so many reasons.  Still have some lovely memories though.  I always did have terrible taste in men, hence why I chose the single life!

Comment on my blog the album you’d chose to listen too?  Let me know a little bit more about you.  Yesterday was World Mental Health day, which is great but our Mental Health is something we need to focus on year round, listening to music is a great way to escape the stresses of life.  For your info;

The Mental Health Foundation's 10 tips on how to look after your mental health;
1. Talk about your feelings
2. Exercise
3. Eat well
4. Drink sensibly 5. Keep in touch with loved ones 6. Ask for help 7. Take a break 8. Do something you’re good at 9. Accept who you are 10. Care for others
For more advice, visit their website https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk.

Let’s all talk more, I find writing my thoughts down helps too, but you can’t beat a good natter, I love social media, but a cuppa and a face to face catch up with my bestie beats EVERYTHING!

Here’s to making it through a very long and busy day with barely a whisper, don’t worry I still get my message across!

No comments: