Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Attitude of Gratitude


16th October 2018
Gratitude turns what we have into enough.


Now sometimes the universe is truly spooky and this morning’s coaching card is one of those times, I’ve just scrolled through Pinterest looking for a quote to use above, this is the first one I found then I’ve drawn a card and it says;

Make a list of all the things you are grateful for in your life.

I think someone or something is trying to tell me something…

I am still struggling with my voice but I’m grateful that I don’t feel as poorly as I did this time last week.  I’m grateful that I have helpers in my workshops today that will make it easier for me to get through them.  I’m grateful that my members make going to work pleasurable and I’m truly grateful that I have a clean and tidy, warm and cosy house to come back to.

I’m super grateful that although mom has Alzheimer’s and Vascular Dementia as yet we are able to handle her symptoms, I’m grateful she still recognises me and that she’s still just about mobile.

That’s just for starters, I could go on and I think I will throughout the course of the week, I’ve had a bit of a woe is me kind of week with me being poorly, I’ve not done much of anything other than walk Alfie and crochet, as I typed that I realised I don’t do much more than that anyway!  Anyway, I’m going to do those things with a little more enthusiasm and gratitude this week.

I managed to finish two blankets over the weekend, the first was my baby blanket gift, one of my favourite projects yet because it didn’t take forever to complete;




Then Sunday/Monday I did this one,

This is the Mrs, I’ve started the Mr, I’m thinking about raffling them off to raise funds for the food bank, not sure if people would buy tickets though. 

My dinner yesterday was a bit of a flop, I did salmon, roasted peppers (from a jar), mushrooms, spinach and phili light, wrapped it all in pizza base and roasted, it was food, I would’ve rather had beans on toast if I’m honest though, it didn’t do it for me.

I need to get back to counting my Smart Points, doing the WW plan properly, I’d like to lose a few pounds before the end of this year and the only way to do that is to follow the plan and stop hoping my body will magically do it and request less food!  I have been waiting till I felt better but let’s be honest eating better will help me feel better, I’m eating too much bread and toast, I’m actually missing vegetables, that’s the one thing I’ve neglected eating from the kitchen.  I’ll stick to working through the freezer but I’ll buy some veggies and start having my good breakfasts again, not just egg on toast, but tomatoes and mushrooms too.

This week’s workshops are all about the emotional eating, there’s a delicious looking French onion risotto recipe on the weekly card, nom nom.  Sounds good, let’s get to it then, here’s to a very, grateful day, we have the POWER BeYOUtiful!

No comments: