Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Doing my bit, will you?


2nd October 2018
At the end of the day it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished.  It’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.

Well it’s official, I’m allergic to housework, I managed to hoover through yesterday and my back was in bits by the end of it! Thankfully I had a massage booked to sort me out and I’ve also slept like a log, I did wake up in the night and thought, ‘oh please let me have another hour’ and when I looked it was only 3am so I had more than an hour, although I wasn’t impressed with the dream that woke me up just over an hour later. I didn’t want to go back to sleep after that!

Stoptober, I thought about it again, why not Startober?  If you read my blog you may remember I watched ‘I, Daniel Blake’ in September and I have to say it impacted me, it showed this country is broken in place, we should all be able to afford to eat!  I remember as a child, my mom struggling for money, to feed us all, we’d live on egg and chips.  Because of this I’ve decided this month I’m going to stop doing so much food shopping and I’m going to start using the food I already have in my kitchen.  For every meal I manage to do this throughout October I’m going to but food for a local foodbank.  I’m also going to ask my members to get involved, WW works because we all support each other so this is an opportunity for us to support others out there who need help #WWGood  ,Anything in the cupboard I’m not going to eat, I’ll add to my donation.  It’s a great opportunity to clear out your cupboards!

Please get involved and help me do our bit, here are suggestions of what they need

A typical food parcel includes:
Cereal
Pasta
Rice
Pasta sauce
Beans
Tinned meat
Tinned vegetables
Tea/coffee
Tinned fruit
Biscuits
Soup


Toiletries – deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, tooth paste, hand wipes
Household items – laundry liquid detergent, laundry powder, washing up liquid
Feminine products – sanitary towels and tampons
Baby supplies – nappies, baby wipes and baby food. (Please note, due to advice from UNICEF we cannot accept donations of formula milk.)

Please remember all food/toiletries/baby items donated need to be…
non-perishable, so no fresh food (unless you are a supermarket/wholesaler, in which case, please contact our office to discuss)
at least 2 weeks within it’s ‘best before end’ (BBE) or ‘sell by’ date when we receive it
in sealed packaging/undamaged tins

If you’re not one of my members, you can still do your bit, there are plenty of local food banks, just type into google or check out the national on trussell trust.

Make sure you post it on facebook, using the hashtag #WWGood #WellnessthatWorks, tag me as well please, WW will make a donation for every time that hashtag is used together with a good deed. (more info here https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/article/weight-watchers-launches-ww-good)

So yesterday I had gammon from the freezer, it had been there since July!  I spend far too much on food, not this month though, I’m going to use this month to remind myself I’m blessed and to do something to help others, I truly hope you’ll help me too. 

Oh one last thing, I blogged late on Sunday and I think a few of you missed my blog, its worth a read if only for the “Done List” bit! http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.com/2018/09/writing-done-list.html

Right here’s to a great week in the world of WW!  I’m feeling ready for my day and a little glad I’m not doing another 11 meetings of cooking demos, this week will be a breeze in comparison!

Have a very, great day BeYOUtiful.

No comments: