Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 February 2013

#WWEatGorgeous - gr8 to c u embracing the idea!

5th February 2013
 
Do your best when no one is looking. Bob Cousy
 
Well I’ve found the way to keep myself occupied and my mind off food, mess about with my website – it took me hours last night to try to do something because it wouldn’t work how I wanted it too, I was extremely frustrated (in a good way) and ended up on live chat with a helpful man who did it exactly the same way as me which proves that I’m not stupid, the thing just don’t work how it would if I’d invented it – which would be EASIER!
 
Anyway it helped me stay on top of my eating, which is always a good thing, and I did nip to the supermarket for a couple of ingredients yesterday but I spent less than a tenner, and I’m using up all the food I have.  Mom had a chicken casserole out of the freezer (6pp) and I made a beef stir fry with a reduced packet of beef in soy & ginger I’d bought from Waitrose last November!  I also made a lamb rogan josh and carrot which will be for today.  They’re all tubbed up and marked with the ProPoints ;-) Aren’t I good and healthy. 


 
 
And as if you needed another reason NOT to weigh yourself everyday, I jumped on my bathroom scales yesterday morning and this morning and there’s a 3.5lb difference!  Now it didn’t bother me but it would the average person following a weight loss plan, it just shows our bodies fluctuate massively for many reasons, so it is best to get weighed once a week.
 
Seeing some great photos of food, keep them coming, I’m feeling inspired already, fancy trying the turkey & chick pea burgers posted by Nat (recipes on page 32 of March Weight Watcher magazine) may have to add them to my ‘to try’ list I think.  And Jane S is whizzing her way through the recipes in the Everyday Favourites cook book, I must have a look through mine I think.
 
Also loved Jane B competition entry: Spanish Rice with Prawns and Chorizo 12-13pp per serving. Very tasty & can change ingredients to chicken etc.  1 onion, 1 red pepper, few sprays light oil, 100g chorizo, 150g paella rice, 1 tsp saffron, 1 chicken stock cube, 125g prawns, slice lemon. & parsley. Serves 2 : )
 
I’m assuming for those who aren’t great in the kitchen you cook that rice either before and fry everything else or you add the rice, the stock cube and some water to the rest and cook it all together.
 
 
 
 
 
Yes I’m feeling quite motivated, I had 6pp on my pedometer by bedtime last night, almost 20,000 steps, my three things to focus on this week are hitting my 10,000 steps a day, shopping online (once I’ve planned my meals) and track.  Those are the three things I’m focusing on.
 
I posted this on Facebook last night –
Complete the sentence!
You know you're serious about weight loss when.......
 
Loved some of the responses I got, how would you end that sentence, the one I read that made me smile was “You enjoy everythin u eat!!!  How true is that, you should be if you’re doing it right anyways.
 
So today on the menu for me is, crumpet with banana and a drizzle of honey, lamb rogan josh and rice, and probably the other half of the beef stir fry that I cooked yesterday.  Tomorrow I plan to have this because I have the mozzarella (mine isn’t light so I’ll add the extra PPs);
 
Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Pasta Salad

Serves 2 = 7pp per portion. Takes less than half hour.
                                                           
 
90g Pasta, Dry, uncooked, ideally fusilli or other spiral pasta (9pp)
½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoons olive oil (1pp)
10 olives, halved (1pp)
1/2 level teaspoon Oregano, dried
50g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
10 g chopped Basil
40 g Cheese, Mozzarella Light, diced (3pp)
Salt & pepper to taste
 
Cook pasta according to package directions without added salt or fat. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add vinegar, oil and oregano; toss to coat.
Fold in tomatoes, olives, basil and mozzarella; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled.
 
For an extra 1pp per serving, add 25g Sun-dried tomatoes for an intense and sweet taste to this dish. Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside 10 minutes to plump. Drain well and substitute for half the cherry tomatoes in the recipe. (If they’re in oil just chop & use)
 
Mmm I fancy that today, wonder if the beef stir fry would keep till tomorrow?
 
On that note I better get a wriggle on, places to be, things to do, people to weigh ;-)
 
Remember #WWEatGorgeous and be a happy owl. xx

No comments: