Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 24 February 2013

A staycation - don't knock it till you've tried it!

24th February 2012
 
Tension is who you think you should be.  Relaxation is who you are. Chinese Proverb
 

 
I had the most chilled out, stress free, relaxed day ever yesterday, it was just perfect.  I have to say though I'll be writing in the visitors book about the state of the place when we arrived for our break!  I know it’s a bit silly calling it a holiday at home but that is exactly what it felt like, it was like day 2 or 3 on one of our cottage breaks, day ones usually spent travelling and waiting to get in the cottage, day two is spent finding where everything is kept and doing a bit of shopping then by day three we’re chilled.  Well I cut out day one and two and went straight for day three!  The beauty of being at home is it has all the things needed to make it a perfect stay including comfy beds, sky+ and wifi.  I took Alfie out and fetched more papers then mom and I spent two or three hours reading them whilst watching American Idol (it’s the best way to watch it when you’re not actually looking at the screen!)  I sat reading up the table so that I could see mom and chat as our chairs are side by side we don’t really look at each other usually.
 
We had a cooked breakfast which kept us going till afternoon when I had M&S Chicken Tikka masala (14pp) and chips (no idea! Didn’t look!) – delicious. We watched a couple of movies, the easy to watch kind, one was called ‘the boat trip’ the other was “This means war” both on Sky on demand and quite funny.
 
Oh course no holiday would be complete without a bottle of red to chill out with.  Perfect day, I didn’t think about chores, housework or work of any kind I just relaxed – bliss.  There’s nothing in my life that can’t wait 24-48 hours I’m glad to say.
 
I intend to keep it going for today too, it means I’ll be busy tomorrow but that’s okay I’ll be so refreshed by then. This morning I shall be having a good soak because a bath is instant relaxation – just add water!
I’m off out tonight with mates so we can finish the weekend off in style, it’s a chilled out night too, food, wine and giggles no dressing up necessary – can’t wait.
 
Yeah I’ve decided these weekend staycations are going to become a regular thing, something to look forward to, once every 4 weeks maybe, yeah I’m even going to get my diary out and pencil them in as proper appointments because it’s too easy no to!  It means I won’t be losing weight this week but as I lost 2lb last week I’m ok with that, as long as the numbers are going down eventually and not consistently up, I’m happy. 
 
Oh I have to share another recipe with you that my sister made for me on Thursday, oh my days it was delicious, I shared them with my helpers in my meeting and they all agreed yes they would make and eat them, 3 on a plate with some fish in breadcrumbs would be a fab meal and the kids would love it too.  Here you go.
 
Broccoli Cheese Bites  
total recipe 20pp, made 12 patties
1 = 2pp, 2 = 3pp, 3 = 5pp, 4 = 7pp
 
450g broccoli (frozen or fresh)
3 eggs (5pp)
150g mozzarella (10pp)
50g breadcrumbs (5pp)
1tblsp Italian herbs
 
Steam the broccoli, drain it and chop it up. Mix all ingredients in bowl, make patties and place on a lined baking tray, and then cook in oven for 35 minutes turning over after 15mins. 190 c or gas mark 5.  They are very wet when you make them into patties but the egg keeps them together when cooked.  A great way to get kids to eat veggies.
 

Right I’m off back to my chilling, looks cold out there so Alfie and I will wait a bit before venturing out!  He’s still asleep anyways.

Whatever you have planned for your day today try to find a little time to chill.  #BeYouTiful. xx
 
Chilling!
 

No comments: