Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Concocting in the kitchen!

12th February 2013
 
If all is going badly, it will get better. If all is going along quite well, it will take a turn for the worse. Such is human existence. Rick Carson
 
That quote above is so true, I love it, life isn’t ever going to be continually easy for anyone and it’s a case of embracing it all - the good and the bad, makes such a difference.
 
So my back went yesterday whilst shovelling snow – oops, which meant I spent the day popping pain killers and I missed the yoga, not all bad though I’m still walking about, it just hurts, so I’ll continue to focus on walking as my main form of exercise and yesterday I still managed to clock up 22,195 steps so I’m pleased with that.
 
As I didn’t make the yoga, I decided to get busy in the kitchen and try out a couple of ideas that had been shared with me so thanks to my sister for the two ingredient banana cookies, she’s been having them for her breakfast and she’s lost 12lb this year (I think following the WW plan is also helping – they’re not magic cookies!)  Here’s the recipe; 
Banana cookies,
50g oats (5pp) to every banana
mash together like in photo, divide into cookies on baking tray (I got 7 from my one banana) and bake for approx 25 minutes on 200 degrees or gas mark 5/6.  5pp per batch or zero on F&H day!  Great breakfast alternative.
 
I then decided to make a low ProPoint curry because I’d accidently opened the jar!  And thanks to Sharon a leader from another area I met on Friday I tried cauliflower rice, and it works, basically it’s grating cauliflower, cooking and using instead of rice, once you mix it with the curry – you wouldn’t know the different, so my tea last night was 3pp!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Veggie Curry (11p for all of it)
butternut squash, onion, carrot, courgettes, red pepper,
oil spray(1pp)
cauliflower – grated
Jar of Sharwoods balti cooking sauce (10pp) or similar
 
Dice vegetables spray with oil spray then roast in oven till cooked.  Move to saucepan and add a jar of sauce warm through and is ready to eat.  Meanwhile grate cauliflower into a saucepan, cover with boiling water and a bit of salt (or an oxo cube) and cook for 8-10 minutes, sieve the water off and serve with curry.  
 
Was delicious and so easy to make, great ProPoint savers both of them.
 
 
 
Another suggestion for Pancake day today is using 2 eggs and 1 banana = pancakes.
1.      Mush banana. 2. Crack eggs. 3. Mix 4. Spray griddle with spray light (frying pan will do) 5. Pour batter on 6. Flip 7. Eat 8. Happy.  Sound interesting and work a try for 4pp.
 
I have a few more recipes to try and as soon as I do, I will share them with you if they are successful.
 
As I’ve realised I’m not up to classes and my mates realised she’s not up to running because of our backs, we have challenged each other to a pedometer race, every evening we will post the total steps we have accumulated on our pedometer on Facebook (steps rather than activity ProPoints as they vary depending on height/weight and it’ll make it fairer).  You’re more than welcome to join in our ‘just for fun’ challenge, I’m sure it will help our weight loss too.

Here’s to Eating Gorgeous on Pancake day, don’t forget to ProPoint them, I’ve been lazy and bought mine from Morrisons, 2 for 7pp!   But if you want to make them, here’s a simple recipe
 



Makes 12, 1pp each. (I’m guessing they’re small!)
 
125 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, sifted
1 medium Egg, Whole
1/2 serving(s) Milk, Skimmed (1/4 pint)
1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
 
·       Put the flour into a bowl and break the egg into the centre.
·       Add the milk gradually beating into a batter.
·       Pour the batter into a jug.
·       Heat a non-stick frying pan.
·       Spray lightly with low-fat cooking spray.
·       Pour in 3 tbsp batter and quickly swirl the pan to coat the base.
·       Cook until the batter becomes firm and bubbles appear.
·       Flip the pancake over.
·       Serve with fresh lemon, artificial sweetener or sugar (at a Points value of ½ per teaspoon).
 
Having a ‘flipping’ good day – get it!

No comments: