Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 10 February 2013

I'm feeling good...

10th February 2013
Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.  Richard Bach 
I sat in MacDonalds yesterday drinking zero sprite and watching my mom eat a cheeseburger, did I want a cheeseburger – yes, why didn’t I have one even though I had the spare ProPoints, because I knew it wouldn’t fill me up and I’d want something else when I got home!   Yes my mind is back on being healthy and eating gorgeous, I’d also just come out of my Weight Watcher meeting so was all motivated by everyone else’s success, it’s great to see them all so pleased with their weight loss.  
I ended up having roast lamb, mash, peas and Yorkshire pudding with gravy, 20 ProPoints well spent and still less than a big mac and fries would have cost me.    I also went shopping in the Co-op because mom wanted some stuff and they have a meal deal in there for £10, main, side, dessert & wine, I did buy it the Spanish meatballs with paprika potatoes is 13pp for half, I had a salad bowl as the side and mom will eat the desserts so it works out well.
Today I’m going to have a half and half day, I’m dug out my yoga dvd so I’m going to do that, Alfie and I will go for a really long walk, housework is moms room today, change the bedding etc, I will do the kitchen and living room too I think as I’m feeling quite full of life this morning (I have to take advantage of feeling this way when it happens!) then this afternoon I’m going to snuggle down with my kindle and read. 
Foodwise, mmm I have lamb so maybe another cooked dinner although it won’t be a 20pp one, I’m thinking lots of roast vegetables, I won’t have the giant Yorkshire that I had yesterday so that will save 7pp. 
Yep I’m feeling pretty damn good today, I’m sat at my desk and the house is in silence because everyone else is still asleep.  I’m feeling very balanced, as though I can cope with everything that needs to be done, I also feel like I’m able to get my weight off because I’m actually at peace with my body if that makes sense, I already feel a success because I’m not unhappy with the way I look, and any weight loss with be a side effect of taking care of me.  I take every day as it comes, I’m just focussing on eating better at the moment, I’m not aiming for unrealistic targets or setting myself deadlines because then I feel pressured, I’m just improving my diet.  I see so many people set crazy goals and even when they’ve achieved them they’re still not happy, it’s still not enough but the question then is what is enough?  And by whose standards are they measuring their success?  What’s that saying success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get!   I know from past experience being a certain weight does not bring you lasting happiness; it doesn’t fix things or solve all your problems.  I also know from past experience though that focusing 100% on weight loss can be a distraction from other things in your life, if all you ever think about is your diet then you don’t have to think about the other aspects of your life that could maybe do with being looked at.  Oh yes I’ve done that in the past, I’m glad to say I stopped long enough to look at the other aspects and get them sorted and that is why I’m feeling pretty damn good today. 
I’m waffling again, so before I go, I just wanted to tell you I treated myself to a very relaxing massage at the Chi Rooms yesterday www.chi-rooms.com and we were chatting about Valentines and how men always buy chocolate!  So Karen is offering 10% off in February for my members so either treat yourself or tell your other half you want to go there instead of chocolate.  They also do nails and tanning etc, give them a ring 01922 404300 and spoil yourself.
Eat Gorgeous, Be Gorgeous because you are Gorgeous

No comments: