Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 February 2013

Anyone for chinese?

8th February 2013
Life begets life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich.  Sarah Bernhardt 
Even though I’m working this morning I still got that Friday feeling ;), we’re hoping to fit a movie in this afternoon before then taking Lynne’s daughter shopping for her birthday – it’ll be like real dress up with a life sized doll and everything she tries on will fit her because she’s 8! 
I gained a pound at my weigh in, still that’s 3lb off, 1lb on which means I’m still 2lb lighter so it’s all good, and I’m eating healthily and not feeling deprived at all, actually I don’t feel like I’m on a ‘diet’ I’m just living and eating whist ProPointing all my meals which I suppose means I’m following the ProPoints plan without too much effort, it’s just natural to me now.  The only reason I gained this week was because it was Lynne’s birthday and we had cake on Friday, who am I kidding it wasn’t just that, I bought two tubs of twiglets and cheddars reduced to 50p because I have a ‘bargain’ addiction I need to get a grip of!  Oh yeah and Lynne made us a delicious lamb dinner Sunday with apple pie and custard and I already knew I was over my weekly allowance by then, I’ve said it before – 1 cake does not a weight gain make! 
I treated myself to a nice shiny new Pedometer yesterday as I was halfway up the stairs and my old one reset, I have to say it’s had a good run, I do tend to abuse them a bit, I bash them up things and have been known to accidentally dip it in my cooking now and again so it’s held up well!  I can’t not have one though, it’s not just my wineometer it is also my personal trainer, it tells me whether I’m being active enough, and yesterday at lunchtime I realised I wasn’t so Alfie got a good walk.  Ended the day on 6pp which equals 250ml red wine before bedtime – nice, it’s all about balance.
I got to my meeting early last night so sat for five minutes and planned 7 main meals for the coming week mostly using the stuff in the kitchen, gammon, egg, pineapple and chips tomorrow – can’t wait!   So I only had to nip to shops for 8 things last night and I made myself stick to the list even though Sainsbury’s had an offer on the oriental meals 4 mains & 2 sides for a tenner – bargain and if you do fancy them the mains were coming out between 15 and 21pp each and they served two so not that bad for a meal if you stick to the portions you’re supposed to!
Sat here thinking cinema – to popcorn or not to popcorn that is the question, if I do it’ll be my lunch, then I’m thinking do I really like their popcorn, it used to be warm and now it never is.  I do like salted popcorn so I could go but a bag of that from supermarket because lets be honest cinema popcorn and pop is not cheap is it.  Yep I think that may be what I do because a medium popcorn in the cinema for 20pp it just isn’t worth it.  Glad I’ve sorted that out now before I get there (Lynne if you’re reading this – remind me.)
Can’t believe I was woke up by a dripping tap (moms hands aren’t strong enough to turn it all the way off I don’t think) at 4.30am, I’m going to be shattered later after a 60 mile drive and a shopping trip, at least I can have an early night and I don’t have to set the alarm in the morning.
Speaking of Chinese (yeah we were a few paragraphs back) I was reminded of my Yuk Sung recipe the other day, so thought I’d post it on here even though it’s already on one of the Bevs Bites on my www.happyowls.co.uk website, it is delicious;
Dinner - Yuk Sung
Total made with chicken =, 13pp, made with pork = 18pp
450g minced pork (17pp) or chicken (12pp)                   
1/4lb mushrooms, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped                                          
2 small tins water chestnuts, finely chopped                  
WW Oil spray if necessary to fry
2 garlic cloves crushed                                                    
2 tsp Oyster sauce (½pt)
1 tsp Sesame oil (1pp) Optional – adds nice taste though    
Iceberg lettuce
 
Put spray light in wok on medium heat.  Fry onion and garlic until slightly brown, add mince and fry until brown.  Add mushrooms and water chestnuts.  Add seasoning, oyster sauce and finally add 1tsp sesame oil (optional).  Drain excess oil and serve in iceberg lettuce leaves or wraps for a substantial meal.
Enjoy your Friday, it’s almost the weekend – Eat Gorgeous because you’re Gorgeous!
 
 
 

No comments: