Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 15 February 2013

So good - I did it twice! NOT!

Here goes again!  I’ve written and typed this all out once and my pc decided to lose it all and shut me out – you gotta love computers for putting life into perspective and reminding you they have you by the balls and control EVERYTHING! Lol now to try to remember what I wrote and it just comes straight out my head first thing!
-------------------------------
15th February 2013
I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone - it’s not.  The worth thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.  Robin Williams.
It was great to hear so many of you had received flowers for Valentines Day and not chocolates, and that those that had chocolates were being sensible with them – I’m impressed.  Bless my members last night, I received a bag of chicken bakes, jersey cheese and a slice of chocolate cheesecake as my Valentines gifts – love my members I do ;-)
So its no secret I love food, and one of my favourite veggies are mushrooms, so on Wednesday we had stuffed mushrooms, so easy to make and versatile, usually I end up with a lot of filling though because there’s only two of us and sometimes mom doesn’t want to eat.  So I got savvy this week, firstly I chopped up one carrot, courgette, pepper, onion and a bit of butternut squash.  Even only chopping up one equals a lot of filling, so I used the rest yesterday for a corned beef concoction.  I’m a lazy chopper and find this gadget brilliant, plus it gets things really small – great if you want to hide veggies from the kids (or some adults!)  this is one from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004HFR2MS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=08P8ASEKWWT81DH6M7FH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294
 

Anyway my mushrooms were just stuffed and topped with 3pp blue cheese then roasted in the oven, you can mix the veg with Philadelphia light (30g = 1pp) instead of topping with cheese.  You can also top them with a bit of pastry for a pie like effect or wrap them in filo pastry and you have mushroom Wellington.  So versatile the mushroom lol!

 
Anyway my corned beef thing, WOW – no horses there!  I used the left over veggies and fried them in 2tbsp oil (3pp), I added 2 cloves frozen garlic, 1 clove basil, and some mixed herbs (there was oregano, black pepper, thyme and other stuff).  It doesn’t matter which you add as long as you like the taste.  Fried it all up and it was delicious, I don’t like corned beef cold but cooked WOWsers, really tasty.  I also bought Asda own brand (20pp) because I wondered if you could taste the difference and you can’t, well I couldn’t anyway and it’s easily 50 pence cheaper.
So all week we’ve discussed the power of the shopping list so yesterday I practices what I preach and I stuck to my list!  I went armed with my list to Asda and I stuck to it, oh it was difficult because I like to shop, I really like to browse those aisles, but I didn’t I went in ignored the end of aisle offers and in true mission impossible style got in and out unscathed!  It was difficult though, I love a bargain, I love to browse, I love to look for new ideas, ProPoint things and see what I can find.  However by going to Asda instead of Sainsbury’s (where there’s more to see) and also by making sure I only had half hour so no time to browse, I managed to half my Thursday night shop!  Shopping for me is a form of relaxation, but it can be a costly one and I can end up with lots of food I didn’t need.  A new members words of wisdom kept ringing in my ears “It’s not a bargain if you didn’t need it!”   Mmm she has a point!
I have my cauliflowers (50p in Asda) and I can’t wait to have a go at my pizzas, I also have a recipe for broccoli bites that my sister sent me so will have a got at that too, will share recipe afterwards as it’s all in cups and ounces and I need to change it to our measurements.
So I’m two days into my 100% tracking and it’s interesting the effect it is having on me I have to admit!  Usually by Thursday night I’ve forgotten how focused I was earlier in the week and how much I want to shift those pounds.  By Thursday night, I’m a little tired but still buzzing from my meetings, so when I get home after eight, I think mmm what shall I eat (If I’ve just walked round Sainsbury’s it’s even worse because I have a trolley full of food to choose from!), I grab something fast and open a bottle of red wine, then sit and eat/drink and fall asleep!  Consuming easily 60pp or more and then not having many left for the weekend.  Not yesterday though, nope yesterday I ended on 35pp, I decided to have one gin and tonic for 2pp instead of my wine and I enjoyed the leftover corned beef thing with spinach for my tea.  Went to bed feeling pretty pleased with myself ;-)
Well this was where I’d got to when my pc decided to try to wind me up, it succeeded by the way!  I ranted for a good few minutes, but I’m calm again now – I was hoping my mom would go make me a cuppa tea but she didn’t’ she just went and got back in bed!  I’d already made her first one, ay mean old lady lol! (She’ll read this in a minute btw, I’m not talking behind her back!)
So a morning of work, then maybe out for coffee with mom and Lynne if she’s up to it, then the rest of the day is all about relaxation.  Ooo I lurves Friday ;-)
Have a gorgeous one folks xx
 
 

No comments: