Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 7 February 2013

What a difference 5 years makes!

7th February 2013
 
Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it. Winston Churchill
 
I found a blog from 2008 yesterday, I didn’t realise I’d been doing it quite that long, these aren’t online anymore because it was an old website that I no longer have but it was interesting to have a quick peak at, will go back to them at the weekend and reminisce.  I think the first one I did was September 6th 2008 and looking at it now quickly it starts with;
 
“Weight at leaders meeting last night 11st 4 and a half pound (goal weight 10st 6lb), I was gutted I knew it was going to be bad because I’d been weighed the day before in my own meeting, and because I knew how bad it was going to be I didn’t even remove my shoes, nor go to the toilet first, what difference would a pound make I thought!”
 
Oh my don’t I sound a little defeated, and what’s surprising is almost 5 years on and I weighed exactly the same weight last Thursday in my meeting although I had taken my shoes off and been to the toilet ;-).  The only real difference was last Thursday I wasn’t gutted nor disappointed, I was just fine, determined to try and shift some of it but not in any way feeling bad about the increase in my weight.  Instead I was feeling okay about it because I now accept so a certain amount of weight gain over Christmas is likely and it’s part of who I am, enjoying food and drink comes with being Beverley and for that I’m grateful as I’ve said before.   I would however like to do those things whilst maintaining that every illusive goal weight of 10st 6lb!  But I’m not going to struggle and battle with myself whilst I aim for it, I’m going to enjoy the journey and as a member said last night, “take the scenic route”. 
 
By November 7th 2008 I was 9st 12.5lb!   It goes on to say that in 63 days I’d lost about 16lb!  And all I’m sat here thinking now it jeez that was fast, but it wasn’t it works out at less than 2lb a week.  I’m actually surprised that I’m not sat here envious of that success but I’m really not, what I am thinking is if I truly wanted to lose and get back to my goal this shows I can!    I prefer to think about 1lb a week though so that I can enjoy it a little more, I’ve just seen a few of the trackers from then and I appear to have given up the wine, there’s the odd glass of whiskey and not a great deal of going out and enjoying life going on!  I’m not willing to do that now, what a difference five years makes. 
 
I think the main difference the last five years has made is seeing so many people putting life on hold until the get their weight off and also seeing how they allow the weight to make them feel unhappy – I’m not prepared to do either of those things.
 
The one thing I am now as opposed to five years ago is active, I’m much more active, looking at the pedometer readings I’m guessing I’m doing twice or even three times as many steps on my pedometer these days than I was back then, so ultimately I reckon I’m healthier.  There’s also a lot less processed food in my diet these days too, which again adds to my good health. 
 
So even though it’s weigh day today, I’m not concerned about the results, would be great to get a loss but if I don’t there’s always next week and I’m improving my diet day on day since the new year, which is my pattern and I likes it.
 
I signed up to do a hot yoga class http://www.redhotyoga.info/ next Monday!  I can’t believe I actually pressed pay and now I’m a little apprehensive, I don’t remember the last time I went to a class!  £7 so it better be good, it ought to include a man for that much ;-), so I will let you know how I get one next Tuesday.  I’ve also found a Friday ordinary yoga class http://www.blissyoga.org.uk/ which I will hopefully get to a week tomorrow as tomorrow is our area meeting so I’m not around.  If you use the search engines you can find many classes depending on your choice, if you already attend a great class – share the details on my Facebook group so we can all know about it.
 
Oh my look at the time, I’ve got a busy day so better get on, loving the photos still – keep them coming, I had a fab lunch yesterday it was so filling I wasn’t really fussed about tea, so I just had some crab stick and olives – odd I know!
 
#WWEatGorgeous and be a happy owl, & why not join me on the scenic route. xx
 

No comments: