Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 14 February 2013

Love at first bite!

14th February 2013
 
Forget love - I'd rather fall in chocolate!  Sandra J. Dykes
 
 
Oh I’m in love, how appropriate for Valentines Day, it’s not with a man though it’s with this pizza recipe that my sister made for me yesterday, oh way what can I say – the power of the cauliflower is starting to freak me out!  No flour pizza, I’m thinking this isn’t just fab for weight loss but also for people who have wheat and gluten allergies and seriously it was delicious, you would not know it had cauliflower in it at all.  Don’t believe me – then you need to make it and try it, I dare you to put it on the table in front of the family and test them, it’s just like garlic bread.  I can’t wait for the weekend so I can make some, it really was that tasty.
 

Garlic cauliflower pizza 10pp
 
½ of a small/medium head of cauliflower
1 teaspoon olive oil (1pp)
2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
1 egg, lightly beaten (2pp)
100g grated solid mozzarella cheese (7pp)
½ teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
1 pinch each salt and pepper
Cooking spray
 
Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with pan liner or greaseproof.
 
To “rice” the cauliflower, grate the cauliflower into a bowl and microwave uncovered until softened, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, cool slightly. While the cauliflower cooks, heat the oil in a small frying pan over low heat; add the garlic and cook until softened, approx 1 minute, stirring constantly; cool slightly.
 
To the bowl with the softened cauliflower, add the garlic, egg, ¾ of the cheese, ¼  tsp of the dried Italian herb seasoning), and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine and then spread on the baking tray in a rectangle shape.
 
Bake until the loaf is set and starting to turn golden, about 30 minutes.  Then cut into 8, slice and separate slightly, then sprinkle ¼ tsp seasoning & remaining cheese.  Pop under grill until brown.
 
Eat straight away or if you can resist wait for it to cool a little!
 
So yesterday I took my Lent challenge seriously, 100% honesty tracking is the plan and I decided that was worthy of a new journal which I bought and filled in the first page about my goals and of course the first day of what I’d eaten.  I had a delicious omelette for my breakfast and some of that pizza (unplanned) at lunchtime.  It made me think twice about my wine last night and I decided I wasn’t fussed about a glass so had diet lemonade instead, ending my day on 29pp with 9pp earned on my pedometer having done 23,500 steps.  I was chuffed with my pedometer as I’d only walked Alfie on morning thanks to the weather and my mom wasn’t well yesterday so I couldn’t go far.
 
Weigh day this morning, hoping for my pound off, want half stone gone by Easter and feeling like I can do it.  I ended up having the same lunch and tea last night (stuffed mushrooms and gammon slice) because mom wasn’t well she didn’t want anything and I’m not wasting good food.  So today’s main meal is all ready to cook as I’d already prepared it yesterday but didn’t get round to cooking it.
 
Yes feels good to feel this focused, I’m really enjoying trying nice meals out, new recipes and trying to see if we can find fab food for less, no way could I live on boring meals – I want the real deal, I want an enjoyable, tasty journey back to goal.  The journal asks ‘why I want to lose weight’ and ‘My personal goals’ so I’ve thought about it and answered them, I’ve also took a photo and made it my screen saver on my phone to remind me constantly!  It’s also good to look at yesterday’s tracker and think about if I can improve it, do I need to add/remove anything, or think about what I’ve had. 
 
I’m living, eating and breathing Gorgeous – are you!
 
Have the best day, it’s raining here which I’m glad about because it was snowing yesterday afternoon quite bad and it’s all been washed away – loving the universe this morning.
 
No remember to try that recipe, if there’s one recipe I’ve posted on this blog that’s worth trying – it’s that one!

No comments: