Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 8 September 2012

The good life really is the simple life...

8th September 2012
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln

 It may have been a Friday yesterday but I stayed on track,
 
Daily ProPoints consumed 26
Weekly ProPoints consumed 33 (Weekly ProPoints left to use 10)
Activity Pedometer ProPoints gained 9 (Activity ProPoints left to use 15)

Alcohol units 10 (when you start to work it out, it starts to make you wince a little! I’ve found a website I don’t actually like very much! Because it tells me how many units I’ve had and then tells me how bad it is for me ;-( 
http://www.drinkaware.co.uk
I’ve just found out that a bottle of red wine at 14% volume is 11 units, this according to them has a Harm level = higher risk, Women should not regularly exceed 2–3 units per day (Women who regularly* drink more than 6 units per day (over 35 units per week) ‘regularly means every day, or most days of the week (not just drinking at these levels once a week).
 
Then it tells me it’s approximately 510 calories (19 ProPoints in a bottle of red) which is the equivalent of 1.7 burgers or the exercise needed to burn it off would be a 51 minute run!
The government advises that people should not regularly drink more than the daily unit guidelines of 3-4 units of alcohol for men (equivalent to a pint and a half of 4% beer) and 2-3 units of alcohol for women (equivalent to a 175 ml glass of wine).  
 
I’ve already started not drinking on a school night, that went out the window with mom being poorly the last week or two, but I’ll get back on it this week and definitely watch the other days too! 
Moving on!  Food wise did well, I went and bought myself a lovely glass fruit bowl from TK Maxx for £6 bargain, it’s really heavy then went and bought the fruit to go in it.  When I got in last night I made a coleslaw type dish with Weight Watcher salad cream, white and red cabbage and I added grapes and an apple, then stuffed it into toasted Weight Watcher pitta with a bit of leftover cooked chicken, very tasty it was too!  For my breakfast I had Activea natural yogurt with a banana, and chicken and Weight Watcher petit pains for lunch with a little salad.
 
I’ve cooked a creamy courgette lasagne which will be today’s lunch, it looks very nice too, then I need to get back to planning again because I’ve got nothing else planned out.  I’m working my way through the cupboards because I know this months wage when it arrives is going to be slightly  horrendous thanks to the quiet summer weeks!   Here’s the recipe (for the lasagne not the horrendous wage slip!)
 

Creamy courgette lasagne serves 4, 10pp each

 
9 sheet(s) Lasagne Sheet, dried
1 tablespoons Oil, Sunflower
1 medium Onion, All Types, finely chopped
700g courgettes (about 6), coarsely grated
2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
250 g Cheese, Ricotta
50 g Cheese, Cheddar
1 jar(s) Weight Watchers Parmesan & Pesto Pasta Sauce
 

1. Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put a pan of water on to boil, then cook the lasagne sheets for about 5 mins until softened, but not cooked through. Rinse in cold water, then drizzle with a little oil to stop them sticking together.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion. After 3 mins, add the courgettes and garlic and continue to fry until the courgette has softened and turned bright green. Stir in 2/3 of the ricotta and 2/3 the cheddar, then season to taste. Heat the tomato sauce in the microwave for 2 mins on High until hot.
3. In a large baking dish, layer up the lasagne, starting with half the courgette mix, then pasta, then tomato sauce. Repeat, top with blobs of the remaining ricotta, then scatter with the rest of the cheddar. Bake on the top shelf for about 10 mins until the pasta is tender and the cheese is golden.

 
I do need to get my salad again though and make it up, I’ve bought myself a salad tub from Sainsbury’s, they had a set of 5 on offer for a fiver and the biggest one is ideal.
 
Driving home with mom from my mates last night I realised as you get older (or as I do anyway) things don't matter - people do! I've travelled far and wide, I've witnessed some amazing sights yet now what I look forward to most is spending time with people I love more than anything, that’s what I get the most from! And luckily for me I have some amazing people in my life who make my days truly fantastic these days.  We had a lovely day yesterday, didn’t do anything ‘amazing’ we just had a bit of lunch then collected a few pieces of furniture from one mates house to take to another mates house for her daughters bedroom. 
 
So today I intend to have another ‘nothing special but thoroughly enjoyable’ kind of day.  Hope yours is equally as good. xx

No comments: