Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Real meals = Real Results! I'm going to enjoy the journey!

11th September 2012

Love and time; those are the only two things in all the world and all of life that cannot be bought, but only spent. Gary Jennings
Scrambled egg on crumpet (8pp), gammon steak with jacket potato and cheese, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes (13pp), sausage sandwich (10pp), 31pp well spent yesterday, 26pp from my daily allowance and 7pp on my pedometer gave me 33pp to play with so the other two would have covered my milk.  I also enjoyed a mango which was absolutely delicious; I chopped it up on Sunday so it was ready to eat.

It was brilliant to see such good weight loss in my meeting too Monday morning (Bloxwich 9.30am), average of 2lb each, and I love that they get involved, talk and share ideas and experiences, it actually sets me up for the week as well as my members, Monday mornings always a good day to get refocused of course, especially if you’ve had a bad weekend, which I’d like to add I hadn’t ;-)  I’m hoping for a good result on the scales Thursday morning, I haven’t been near a set of scales since then so I really don’t have a clue, I don’t feel any thinner but then again I never do.  I want to be healthy and happy that’s my priority, the numbers on the scale are a bonus, but being a Happy Owl (Over Weight Lady/Lad) is way more important to me than being a size ten.  I realise that finding a leader you like and attending a meeting really does make a difference, I did that on Saturday morning in Cannock and I know it helped me, I plan to do it again this week, I need the support and the motivation, I need someone to remind me why I’m doing this and that it’s worth it.  I want ideas and suggestions and some ‘me time’ when it’s about me and not my members, yep I really enjoyed being in a meeting on Saturday morning.  For me time is so precious so to take an hour out of my week isn’t something I do lightly but its important to me to stay focused and lose weight and therefore I will find the time, same as everyone else, if you want something you’ll find a way to fit it in.  We all have the same number of hours in our week so its up to us to decide what to do with them.
 
I also realise it’s important not to have the ‘all or nothing’ mentality which is what’s let me down in the past, if I’ve not been 100% on track, 100% of the time I tend to give up, whereas now I’ve realised that’s actually not feasible for me, I’m never going to be a 100% girl where my eating/drinking habits are concerned but it doesn’t mean I have to stop trying.  I enjoy food, yes I also emotionally eat on occasion and by that I don’t mean some deep seated unhappy emotional reasons I just been “hey what a great day we’ve had, lets have something nice to eat”, or “well ain’t the weather rubbish, let’s have something nice to cheer ourselves up”.   

The one thing I have realised is that so many of us give food and the effect it has on us too much power, so now I acknowledge I enjoy it, I like to eat and even when I’m trying to losing weight I still eat food I enjoy, I don’t ‘settle’ for the diet stuff we’re expected to eat to lose weight, I’m not willing to drink a shake instead of eating ‘real’ food, I’m sure as hell not willing to eat in an unusual combination for example having one food source ‘i.e. carbs or protein’ on my plate at a time.  NOPE never again will I do any of those crazy quick fixes, and I’ll be honest you can do ProPoints wrong if you make bad food choices, you may lose weight but it wouldn’t be a good diet.  Instead I will continue to learn new cooking techniques and find new recipes, I will find ways of making my favourite meals with less ProPoints, I’ll eat smaller portions of my favourite foods, and snack less so that I can enjoy my meals and I will also find other ways to relax rather than putting myself in a carb coma!  
Yes I will follow the ProPoints plan correctly, by making my meals count, by using my ProPoints wisely on food I enjoy such as scrambled egg and the occasional sausage sandwich, today I have a Chicken Curry which works out at 4pp a portion, even if I have a double portion that’s only going to be 8pp and some rice for 5pp would be a huge meal for 13pp whereas getting a ready meal from the supermarket would probably cost me double that, and twice the price!  It also only took 15 minutes to cook, which shows it isn’t hard work being healthy.   

Like you, I am worth the effort, the time and the energy to take care of myself and put myself first so that I get the results I want each week on the scales!
Do you agree with me?  Are you worth the effort to?  Are you going to put yourself first and find the time to attend your meeting every week so that you get the results you want? 

It may not happen overnight, but the times going to pass anyway so we may as well use it to our advantage.  Here’s to a brilliant day. xx
 

No comments: