Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 16 September 2012

Food will always be a big part of my life cos I likes it!

16th September 2012
To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult. Plutarch
Did you see my girl in the paper last night, she looked fabulous!  Well done Rachael!
I went to my Weight Watcher meeting yesterday morning, I really enjoy sitting talking to the other members as a member, it gave me some thinking time too, I sat there reading the Your Week thinking, what’s in it for me, WHY do I want to lose weight and glow this Christmas?  I listened to the other ladies say their reasons, ‘self confidence’ (I already have), ‘feel better in clothes’ (I already do), ‘to feel attractive’ (I’m gorgeous already ;0) ), “health reasons” (yes definitely, I can relate to that one although it’s not always a good enough motivator on its own for me).  One member had decided she was rewarding herself as she lost weight with fabulous shoes, there’s not really anything I want so the reward thing in that way doesn’t work.  So I sat there thinking about it and what I did realise is I want to enjoy Christmas!  I want to be able to be within my healthy bmi weight for then so that I can eat/drink whatever my little heart desires whilst I’m on my weeks holiday in Wales and not be thinking, “ooo my clothes aren’t going to fit me when I go back to work” or looking at something on a plate thinking ‘I really shouldn’t!”  Yep that’s my motivation I want to be able to enjoy Christmas and come back in January still within a healthy BMI so that I’m in a place to motivate and inspire my members to find their reasons for weight loss!
Now some people might think that sad, that I’m losing weight to be able to eat but I’ve been thinking a lot about life just lately with my mom being ill and what is it all about?  We get between 70-90 years if we’re lucky, we go to school for so many years, then we have to earn a living to pay for our lifestyles.  Now I’m lucky I’ve travelled and I’ve seen and done lots of things but the one thing we all do every day regardless of what’s going on is eat!  And I love to eat, I’m passionate about food, it’s delicious and it gives me pleasure.  I’m not talking KFC and MacDonalds, I’m talking proper food with real flavour, food that has deliciousness written all over it.
I’m not willing to sacrifice that daily pleasure to be a certain weight but I am willing to adjust and adapt it so that I still can get satisfaction from my food whilst losing or maintaining weight and then enjoying the odd excess of indulging!  Yep everyday can be good food day.
Even simple food like bread, I don’t eat a great deal of bread but I want to eat the really tasty stuff that’s full of seeds, ok so it’s more ProPoints than the low calorie bread but that’s okay I shall just eat less of it.
I will more than happily eat smaller portions of food I adore than big portions of food I don’t like. 
I got my Weight Watcher cook books out yesterday and started looking for ideas, today I shall be making a chicken casserole, spinach & ricotta cannelloni and a chicken curry, that should see me through a few days easily and they are all meals I enjoy eating.  I shall be using chicken thighs (skinning them of course) because they’re really tasty and were only 2 packs for  £7 in Asda yesterday that’s 16 thighs (43p each). The ricotta was £1 and the spinach was £1 I’ve had the other ingredients in my cupboard for ages - cannelloni tubes 65p, jar tomato pasta sauce £1 and I’ll make the white sauce with a pint of milk and flour using the recipe in my Complete Kitchen cook, so it’ll come to approx £1 a portion.
So my morning is about to be spent walking Alfie then cooking, oh and apparently changing moms bedding as she’s just instructed me to!
I need to decide on breakfasts, I never know what to have and they can swallow up a large portion of your ProPoints if you’re not careful.  Mmm something to think about whilst I walk. 
Enjoy your Sunday folks, remember we’re glowing for it x

No comments: