Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 2 September 2012

chicken noodle soup for the soul!

2nd September 2012

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
I wish I could make my mom feel better, just waiting for a call back from the doctor to see if there’s anything we can do about the nausea and dizziness because it’s not a pleasant way to feel permanently, the poor thing has lost half a stone, and this is not the way to lose weight, especially when she doesn’t need to lose any.

So yesterday was taken at a relaxed pace, the most energetic thing I did after walking Alfie was make a salad, a huge bowl to last me a good few days and to encourage me to eat healthy, I also made a broccoli soup with low fat chive Philadelphia cheese which was delicious.  I just boiled the broccoli in water and vegetable oxo stock  cubes then put it in the food processor to blend, back into pan with whole packet of Philadelphia, whole pan 8pp, bargain and serve four easily, if you’d added more broccoli it would have served more for less ProPoints but I was trying to tempt mom with the creaminess.
I’ve made a start on my meal planning, not much of one as I was mostly chilling and watching tele with mom but I’ve made a list of everything in my freezer so I can mainly use that this week, no need to shop then, I’ve just looked and I have easily enough for a week, then I’ve started making a list of means we like and foods we enjoy eating so that we can put together a month of main meals first, if the salad keeps well in my fridge I can have that lunchtimes with some chicken, fish etc.  Breakfast is always the meal given the least effort so I’m thinking porridge, Greek yogurt, toast, crumpets, bran flakes, anything quick and easy really.

I’ve found a nice recipe in the Complete Kitchen for Salmon burgers which I might be able to tempt mom with when we finally stop her feeling sick, also Speedy Soda Bread on page 31 sounds nice to dip in those low ProPointed soups.  Yes my list is coming together nicely.
Might have a go at this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe I’ve just found, that’s supposed to be good for the soul isn’t it!

Bring 1.2l (2pints) of fresh chicken stock (3pp) to a steady simmer.  Add 225g uncooked skinless chicken breast (6pp), sliced finely, and cook for 5 minutes.  Add 100g dried egg noodles (11pp), 4 chopped spring onions and a medium red pepper, chopped, and simmer for a further 5 minutes.  Stir in 2tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp fresh coriander before serving. (Serves 4 – 5pp each serving).  Can use cooked chicken; add at same time as other ingredients.
Anyways I’m off to walk Alfie, just managed to get an emergency appointment at doctors for mom this morning let’s hope they can give her something to ease the sickness.

 

No comments: