Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 29 September 2012

It's a way of life - glad I like the route I opted for!

29th September 2012

The Universe tends to treat you pretty much like you treat yourself.

Finally got to chill out yesterday, did the minimum paperwork necessary, the rest can wait till Monday, and took mom over the doctors for the results of her blood tests and other things, she’s got a low white blood cell count and a bit of anaemia too, and the doctor was lovely with her so hopefully she’ll start feeling better soon.  Once all this was sorted, I made us all a nice lunch and chilled, after my mate had gone, I had me a long bath then caught up on tv and had an early night, my idea of a perfect Friday, gone of the days of being a party animal.

I smiled this morning as I recalled being corrected in my meeting this week by a member who told me, “We’re not on a diet, we’re following a healthy eating plan!”  Oops consider my wrist slapped, however unlike others I don’t see a ‘diet’ as “die” with a “t” on the end, for me it is the food I eat, whether that be healthy or not.  The word diet actually comes from a Latin word which means “a way of life.”I love to eat all kinds of food, from Ryvita to Big Macs, I’m happy to drink diet coke but I’m not happy to miss out on my glass of robust Pinotage on a Friday night (not even for a guaranteed weight loss!)  My diet, way of life, healthy eating plan – whatever you wish to call it is to find a balance so that food/drink continues to be a great pleasure in my life, not something I   compromise, but that I enjoy it mindfully and without damaging my health by overdoing it!

I refuse to deprive myself; I want to learn to enjoy foods now and again, to indulge on occasion not on an hourly basis.  These days when I eat too much I’m aware of what I’m doing, I’m enjoying the moment and I’m not beating myself up afterwards.  I have heard so many times from people that they don’t even realise they’ve eaten it, or that they don’t think they eat too much so can’t understand why they’re overweight! 

Food and temptation is everywhere and it’s so easy to overeat without noticing but by making small changes you can also learn to eat less without it being massively obvious too!  The best diet (as I read somewhere) is the one you don’t know you’re on!  I love it when a new member comes back the week after and says, “I don’t feel like I’m on a diet!” that’s when I know they’re following the plan well.

Think about it, have you ever eaten cold chips off yours or someone else’s plate? Or the last stale biscuit in the barrel, or maybe pulled the green bits off the week old slice of bread in the packet?  You should be nodding to at least on of them, bet your wincing a little too!  It’s difficult to admit that we even overeat on bad food, or stuff that doesn’t taste good.  Yep overeating is so easy to do, because food and temptation is everywhere isn’t it!

I love a bargain, you’ve only got to see me out shopping, you may have seen the poundland bags last week, so it’s not just the taste that’s tempting – it’s the price.  I’ve managed to control that this week by staying away from the shops as much as possible and also not taking my purse to my meetings with me then I can’t come home via the supermarket!  It will be interesting to see if my credit card bill is healthier this month if I can keep up with the plan to stop being enticed by the others, that Pound Land programme on channel 4 was very interesting!

Off to my Weight Watcher meeting this morning for some encouragement and support, I’ve already used my weeklies, yep all of them went yesterday!  So I need motivating to stay on track until weigh day next Thursday - she’s got her work cut out ain’t she my leader!  I wouldn’t want to be my leader lol!

On that note I better go earn a couple of Activity ProPoints and walk Alfie, I need a few extra in case of emergencies!

Enjoy your Saturday, my plan is meeting, little bit of essentials shopping, good book all afternoon whilst sitting with mom and having a chat and watching tele – perfect. 

No comments: