Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 4 January 2012

We all have to learn or relearn!

4th January 2012

Discipline and concentration are a matter of being interested. Tom Kite

Well I made it through my first day of 26 ProPoints and it wasn’t as difficult as I expected, it helped that I was so busy I didn’t stop much to think about food plus I still haven’t had time to go shopping.  I’ve got as far as typing up my shopping list though, and I’m at least clearing out my freezer of all the meals I made up last year so the weekend when I do a ‘proper’ shop, the freezer and cupboards will be empty and ready for filling full of good healthy foods.  That I think you’ll agree is the ultimate in ‘sorting your surroundings’

What a great first day back at work I had, I was so proud of everyone coming back with a smile on their face and an awful lot of determination in their hearts.  I have a feeling next week’s results at the scales will be a whole lot different to this week.   There were a few weight losses and even more gains, most people had a fabulous Christmas and were happy with their results.  The one thing to remember is whatever damage has been done, it will come off, we’re human and we by our very nature enjoy overindulging, so let’s accept that and move on.

I spent a few hours yesterday teaching my brother and his wife who live in Corfu how to use Facebook – oh my word, hard work was an understatement, but I have to say it was a real reminder of how when you know how to do something already you expect everyone else to know too, unfortunately not everyone learns at the same speed or finds things easy to understand.

This goes for the ProPoints plan too; I can do it standing on my head because I’ve been a Weight Watcher since I was 18, however for some it’s brand new and complicated at first.  It doesn’t have to be – there are so many different tools and booklets to help these days that it’s easy to pick up quickly.

If you’re anything like me you’re already looking forward to the weekend, it’s difficult getting back to normality, even more so when you have family staying (I’m listening to my brother snore very loudly as I type!)  So why not get the ingredients in ready for a delicious brunch, recipe below, it’s only 5pp a portion or if you are doing a Filling & Healthy day it’s zero.

Hash Brown brunch 

Zero on F&H or 5pp per serving
Serves 4, takes 30 minutes

Low fat cooking spray
3 rashers lean back bacon medallions chopped roughly (4pp)
275g cooked green vegetables (such as broccoli, leeks)
400g boiled potatoes mashed (9pp)
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
4 eggs (7pp)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat a non stick frying pan and spray with low fat cooking spray.  Gently cook the bacon for 5 minutes until crispy. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Roughly p the green vegetables and put into a large bowl.  Add the mashed potato, mustards and cooked bacon. Season and mix together.

Using wet hands, divide the mixture into four and then shape each quarter into a large patty or burger shape.   Heat the frying pan you cooked the bacon in and spray again with low fat cooking spray. Gently fry the potato cakes for 10 minutes, turn once (do not attempt to turn until after 5 minutes). Once cooked, transfer to a plate and keep warm.

Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil. Add vinegar to help make the perfect eggs. Crack in four eggs and poach for 5 minutes until opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on top of the hash browns. Season with freshly ground black pepper.

Still three days till the weekend though, so I better get a wriggle on, I have members to weigh.   

Have a fabulous day. xx

No comments: