Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 16 January 2012

All bodies are good bodies...

16th January 2012

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered; Forgive them anyway.

Well I had a wonderful weekend, my friend Sarah treated me to lunch yesterday (an early birthday meal) so I’m over for the week by 18pp, and my weigh day is Thursday and tracking weeks starts Friday so I need to be super good and try to earn some of them back, I will run today which should earn me 10pp plus any walking I do with Alfie earns me about 2pp a day, so I’ll pull it back.
Luckily the restaurant we went to didn’t serve massive portions otherwise it would’ve been a whole lot worse.  Banks Bistro at Chapel Ash, Wolverhampton http://www.banksbistro.co.uk/ and only £10 for 3-course Sunday lunch at the moment.  That’s the second time I’ve been there and I think it’s excellent, delicious food and crazy value.

However you’re weekend panned out, whether you managed to stay on track or not, remember you’re in this for the long term, one slip up doesn’t mean you’ve failed and one good weekend doesn’t mean you’ve got it sussed.  It’s a continual process and you make habit changes one at a time.

We’re looking at portion sizes this week in the meeting, something that most of us need to watch I’m sure you’ll agree.  And this weeks copy of YOUR WEEK looks at Chinese food because of Chinese New Year next Monday, just because we’re not Chinese doesn’t mean we can help them celebrate now does it, any excuse for a Chicken Chow Mein that’s what I say!
Why not cook your own;

Chicken Chow Mein serves 4 – 9pp each (total 35)

150g (5oz) cooked chicken (cut into thin strips) (5pp)
1 tbsp oil (4pp)                                                            
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp chopped garlic                                                  
½ lb dried egg noodles (25pp)
Bean sprouts (1 handful)                                            
½ small onion (sliced)
½ tsp salt                                                                     
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce                                                   
1 tsp sesame oil (1pp)
                                                                                
Cook noodles by soaking in boiling water for 5-10 minutes or until soft to touch.   Clean wok, heat wok until hot and slightly smoky. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the chicken and onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds.  Turn to low heat and add the garlic and stir-fry for another 15 seconds.     Now add the bean sprouts and noodles. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.   Add the salt, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.  Stir-fry for another minute. Finally add the pepper and sesame oil and stir in. Serve.


Love yourself...... You're not going anywhere.... Well maybe you'll get smaller....... But you have to start with loving YOU! 
Go look in your mirror right now and say “I love you” - I Will!


No comments: