Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 13 January 2012

HELLO since when has size 12 been a plus size!

13th January
Every fool knows you can't touch the stars, but it doesn't stop a wise man from trying. Harry Anderson
To say I was pleased when I got on the scales yesterday was an understatement, I whooped a bit too loud and made everyone jump when the scales flashed I’d lost 3lb!  After struggling to stay within y ProPoints allowance all week, I can finally admit that yesterday was the first time in a very long time that I’ve actually wanted to lose some weight.  I’ve kept saying/knowing I should lose weight – there’s that word ‘SHOULD’ it always just adds pressure and guilt to something just with its presence in the sentence.  Anyway I knew I could and felt I should but I haven’t really felt I wanted to up until yesterday - what’s changed?  Nothing really I suppose to a change in mindset, I’ve decided that I would feel more comfortable and maybe run a little faster is there was less of me.  I was just about to add, “I’ll fit better into clothes” but I’d be lying if I said that, because whatever size I’ve ever been in the last 20 years, I’ve never been able to find clothes that fit me properly because like most women I know, I don’t fit into the standard clothes sizes for one reason or another.  I personally am not quite short enough to be ‘petite’ but not tall enough to be ‘regular’, my hips are wide and my legs are chunky but my waist is small in comparison so jeans also gape round the back of the waist.  Luckily I know I’m not alone unlike a lot of women who stand in changing rooms crying because nothing fits because they’re not normal!  Such a shame that women (and I’m guessing some men) feel that way.  I was disturbed by a photo I saw in a newspaper article yesterday showing a size 12 model who apparently models for plus size clothes – HELLO since when has size 12 been a plus size! What the hell is wrong with society?  Anyway this model was stood next to what is now considered the norm on the runway, well you take a look at the result;

I can’t believe that think that ladies overweight and I know it’s why I get so many unhappy ladies joining my meeting, who I then have to try and convince they’re gorgeous already and some of them don’t even need to lose weight.  So please if you don’t already realise it, don’t ever compare yourself to the photos in the magazines, some of them are not only underweight women but also most are photoshoped too.  What do you see when you look in the mirror?  I see someone who’s comfortable in her own skin and very content with who she is – it’s a great image to see reflecting back.

I want to lose a few pounds because I went crazy over Christmas and overindulged, I want to lose a few pounds because I would quite like my slightly lumpy curves to have a more rounded feel, I don’t want to lose a few pounds because of photos of seen in the paper and I would also like to add even right now, I love those slightly lumpy curves because they’re mine and I enjoyed getting them, and now I’m going to enjoy sending them back to lumpy fat heaven!

Changing the subject, yesterday I needed to make a shopping list for a few things I needed and I was looking for a scrap of paper when there in front of me was the lovely “My Shopping List” pad I had in my new Weight Watchers pack but it was unopened and typical me thought, I won’t use that I’ll save it!  “NO” a voice in side my head screamed, “USE IT” that’s what it’s for, what are you gonna save it for – a time when you want to right a longer shopping list! 

Do you do that, ‘save things’, do you keep them for another time, whatever it are, whether it’s the posh plates, that scented candle, the nice pad or that special dress.  Well I’ve decided I’m not going to do that anymore, I’m going to use everything not save it until…

So lunch today with the ladies is at my house and we’re having sage and onion toad in the hole for 10pp, it says it’s going to take me 30mins preparation and 30 mins to cook, so it’s 6.30 now, I have a few hours for paperwork and then I can start enjoying my Friday.

Hope you have a fabulous Friday and stay on track – I WILL J


No comments: