Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 19 January 2012

Hurry up - It's January!

19th January 2012

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.  Wayne Dyer

Rush, rush, rush, that’s what January means for me, busy, busy, busy.  So today I’ve decided to not get myself in a tizz over it, I don’t need too, because I know I can cope.  I know I’m going to have a very busy day, one because I’m the only person I have at the scales this morning, but as it’s not the first time its happened, and I’ve coped every other time, I know I will again so I’m going to enjoy the chaos.  Why, because when I rush and get myself in a tizz I overeat, and I don’t want to.  Yesterday it was a packet of Weight Watcher sausages (delicious by the way), yep I ate all but one of them and I would’ve eaten that too if mom hadn’t got to it first!  Luckily ProPoint wise they weren’t bad at all, and they tasted delicious, but this is where you have to remember the rounding up/down rule of Weight Watchers ProPoints system, when I worked them out this was how many ProPoints they were;

If you only eat one sausge its 1pp – the nutritional info on back is based on the cooked weight.

However if you eat more than one sausage they work out like this;

 2 = 3pp, 3 = 4pp, 4 = 5pp, 5 = 7pp, 6 = 8pp, 7 = 10pp, 8 = 11pp

Confused?  Don’t be, here I’ll explain.

When 1 + 1 doesn’t = 2

All ProPoints values are rounded up or down to the nearest whole number (using the normal rounding convention) to make calculating and tracking ProPoints values simpler while keeping them accurate.  For example, if the nutritional information for the food or drink is fed through the WW calculation and it comes out as;

1.5 – it is rounded up to 2 ProPoints values

1.4 – it is rounded down to 1 ProPoints value

This means that you may find simply doubling the ProPoints values of one small portion of a particular food does not equal the ProPoints value of a portion that’s twice the size. 

To ensure you’re counting the correct number of ProPoints values when you increase single portions of any foods show in the food lists, use the ProPoints calculator or the online tools.

Hope that’s explained it to those of you that are confused (Jane!)

So back to the none rushing day, please join me today (or longer) in not doing whatever it is that makes you overeat, it might be stressing or worrying about money (you can’t change your debt instantly but you can realise and accept your debt & work out a way to pay it off), not liking the cold weather (you can’t change it but you can put a cardigan on and smile), struggling with the dark mornings (again you can’t change them so either get up later or wear some bright clothes and carry a torch to brighten it up!) It could be something more positive, you may overeat because you’re happy for whatever reason, so find another way to enjoy your happiness.

Seriously though, overeating never made anyone feel better for very long, that’s why we’re all at Weight Watchers!  So just for today, just for me – don’t overeat and I promise I won’t either.

DO however enjoy everything you eat within your ProPoints budget – I WILL!

No comments: