Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 28 January 2012

My weeklies went on an Italian mmm

28th January 2012

Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed. - Michael Pritchard
Well did I enjoy my weekly ProPoints yesterday or what, we had planned to eat at mine but instead because we’ve had such a busy week and enjoy it so much, we ate out.  We went out for lunch to Cataldo’s in Wolverhampton and enjoyed a 3 course meal which cost me all of them!  Starter of linguine 10pp, a small bit of bread and a couple of olives 3pp, spaghetti carbonara 17pp, tiramisu 15pp = 45pp and it was worth every one of them.  By the end of the day I was minus 10pp but that’s what activity is for to earn me some to pull it back.  So 100% within my daily allowance from now till weigh day on Thursday, can I do it – HELL YES!  How do I know – because I really want another weight loss on Thursday.  I’ve just ate a bowl of chopped fruit to start my day off as I mean to continue. 

In a little while I’m going to take Alfie for a really long walk, then go for a run, after which housework will earn me even more activity ProPoints if I wear my pedometer to count those steps :-) 

For lunch I’m having the following with carrot & potato mash that I’m enjoying and have spuds to use up. 

Parma Blue Cheese Chicken Breasts Serves 4, 7pp each

            4 medium Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw   
            50 g Stilton Cheese (or any cheese)
            8 leaves fresh basil plus extra to garnish   
            4 thin slices Parma Ham or wafer thin ham
            1 vegetable or chicken stock cube mixed with300ml boiling water   
            4 tablespoons Dry white wine or vermouth
            black pepper

Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C/375°F.

Cut a pocket into each chicken breast using a sharp knife, and place 2 basil leaves in each pocket, then share the cheese equally between them. Close the pockets and wrap each chicken breast in a slice of Parma Ham.

Arrange in a shallow baking dish and add the stock and white wine. Season with some black pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for a further 20 minutes. Serve garnished with extra basil leaves.

For my tea I’m going to have a Warbuton square wrap (4pp) with lots of salad and a slice of cooked meat. 

There that’s my day sorted, I’ll finish it off nicely with a movie and an early night – I’m true rock and roll. 

Hope you have your day sorted and you enjoy it. 


No comments: