Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 9 January 2012

The tastiest thing I've eaten this year...

9th January 2012

A will finds a way. Orison Swett Marden

Monday morning, let’s do it all again ;) I’ve had a lovely weekend, and yesterday my cooking session was a huge success, I made three of the dishes, the blue cheese broccoli bake which I’ve frozen, the Italian chicken Braise which seem to take forever to cook but it’ll be eaten and the Chicken and Bacon Casserole which was to die for, I found it very difficult to resist and found a way that makes brown rice enjoyable!  Seriously delicious recipe and will most certainly be cooking it again in the near future, the only thing I didn’t put in was the parsley because I didn’t have any and I also cooked it slowly in the oven rather than on the hob.   The recipe is from the ‘poultry recipe cards’ in the meeting £2.50 a pack and the blue cheese broccoli bake recipe is from the ‘vegetable recipe cards’. 

So that’s my fridge and freezer full and no excuses for the rest of the week.  I was attacked by the last few Quality Streets last night which has taken me over my weekly and activity allowance for the week so now means I need to earn 15pp somehow between now and the end of Thursday and still rigidly to my daily allowance.  Damn that tin, I’m not even a fan of chocolate; it was the toffees that got me!

I did manage another 30 minute run yesterday though which I found tough but enjoyed, plus the fact it earns me 5pp motivates me to keep going!  I hope to go today too, then I won’t get chance for a few days. 

Here’s another recipe from my recipe box that you might enjoy and it’ll use up some of that leftover cheese you may have.

Tuna lasagne serves 4 (27pp total) – 7pp each

100g cheese (11pp)
Can of Batchelors condensed low fat mushroom soup (4pp)
1tbsp wholegrain mustard (stir into soup)
4½ sheets Sainsbury’s fresh egg lasagne (9pp) (prepare as instructions by soaking in boiling water for 5mins)
200g frozen spinach (cook in microwave for approx 3mins to soften)
Tin tuna (Princes 130g drained weight) (3pp)
Tin chopped tomatoes

Put ½ can tomatoes in lasagne dish top with 1½ slices of lasagne, add spinach & tuna then another 1½ slices of lasagne, add remaining ½ can tomatoes then top with last 1½ slices of lasagne, pour over soup and top with cheese.  Bake on gas mark 6 until cooked.

Add any veggies you have, e.g. mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, spring onions etc. 

---

So I’ve got the dinners sorted for the week, I need to think about breakfast, I’m not a huge fan of breakfast cereal and I don’t feel I get enough toast for the ProPoints it costs me, so I need to think what I’m going to have, I suppose I could add a few pieces of fruit to that toast, or maybe make something with eggs.  Whatever it is needs to be quick.  Maybe I’ll ask you all what you’re eating for breakfast.

Ok then let’s get this show on the road, lots to do.  My goal today is to get to the end of it within my daily allowance – what’s yours?  I know I’ll achieve my goal, will you?


No comments: