Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 16 July 2011

Whoop Whoop - YAY, woo woo. ;D

16th July 2011

We first make our habits, and then our habits make us. John Dryden

The anticipation, the excitement, the roar of the crowd, no not a football match, me last night waiting to get on the scales at our area meeting with all the other leaders.  I honestly don’t remember the last time I wasn’t nervous to get on the scales at one of those meetings and I hoped to either weigh the same or maybe be a pound lighter.  Thrilled doesn’t even come close to my reaction when I was told I’d lost 4.5lb since the last meeting (5weeks), I threw my arms in the air and shouted “YEAAAAHHHHHHHH”, I was a little pleased to say the least.  We then went on to have our own Weight Watcher meeting for the leaders and it was excellent, it was great to be in a meeting as a leader/member and also to all be there deciding we were all going to support each other.

We all like to be congratulated on success, we all like to be offered support when we need it and we all like to feel that we’re not alone and that is why Weight Watchers really does work, that and the fact it has a fabulous weight loss plan called ProPoints of course.  Jean Nidetch who if you don’t already know was the founder of Weight Watchers back in early sixties, starts her book with “F.F.H. That’s me.” She goes on to explain she means Formally Fat Housewife, and the book goes from strength to strength from there, she’s an amazing lady.  Well if using a similar kind of thing and use initials to describe me pre 2004 when I lost my weight it would probably be W.A.F.A.W., that means Was A Fat Angry Woman, I’m not now I’m as you know a H.O.W.L. (Happy Over Weight Lady).  Before I lost my weight this last time and changed my entire life around because that is honestly what I did, I was angry at the world, I obviously didn’t realise it then but I found it easier to put up barriers and block everyone out because I was unhappy with myself.  On Thursday on my facebook group page I asked, “what’s the best things about your weight loss?” and I had some brilliant replies then Nikki one of my gorgeous members asked me the same questions, so I thought about it briefly and responded, “Nikki it gave me the opportunity to have the best job in the world - I luv everything about my life now xx”. Now some people might think that’s a bit twee but I genuinely mean it, I love my work to the point it doesn’t really feel like work and I enjoy my life, there’s nothing I would change about it at all, perhaps maybe more hours in my day sometimes to be able to cook everyday but other than that, I love life and I truly believe losing weight and learning to love myself for exactly who I am whatever I weigh is the reason.

If I’m honest that’s one of the reasons I struggle with losing that last few pounds because I’m so happy being me, I’m not fussed about that little spare bit of my bum and belly.  Luckily last night when I got off those scales and felt that surge of glee I realised I do want to get those last few pounds off too so that I’m bang on my goal and then I’m going to learn to maintain that weight rather than maintaining the weight I do now which is 7lb over goal (we’re allowed 5lb!) Do you think I maintain 7lb to be a bit of a rebal – mmm I wonder, I’ve actually often thought I do it so that I remind me of the effort you all have to put in?   Whatever the reason – it’s going!  It’ll be 7 years on 17th August since I reached my goal and I plan to be as close to it as possible, I’m goal +6.5lb at the moment, so watch this space.

And I’m expecting you all to be losing it with me because you all want a bit of that buzz I felt last night, every time you step on the scales, it’s fabulous isn’t it. xx

Remind yourself of that feeling every time you’re about to make a wrong choice, every time you’re tempted and every time you have a ‘sod it’ moment, because personally I don’t agree with the ‘Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels’ because when you’re eating it – IT DOES, however it doesn’t last but that feeling of being in control, feeling good in your skin, feeling healthy and alive does last, it lasts for as long as you decide it to.  So treat yourself with the long, care, respect and attention you deserve because you’re gorgeous and worth the effort.  If you’re busy, find the time, make the time because you’re important and so therefore your meetings important too because you want to be happier in your skin and Weight Watchers can help you get there.

I have to go to the area meetings when my boss calls one on a Friday night, I’m expected to be there because I’m a Weight Watcher leader in just the same way as I expect you to be at your meeting each week because as a Weight Watcher member you’re expected to attend!  Yes you are, it’s important, and even if you have a monthly pass, just because you’ve paid in advance, doesn’t mean you don’t need to attend and get weighed, that’s not the point of them.  Is it a deal?  From now on, however busy you are, the last thing to give will be your meeting, because you need it to get that little boost and buzz each week, even if you know the week hasn’t been fab, your meeting is the place to come and get back in the zone.

It’s a bit wet outside this morning, but see a grey day as silver and go play in those puddles.   Can’t go out and play, use the time to get in the kitchen and make something delicious and healthy or plan your week ahead. 

xx




No comments: